One step update

I have one step update set to begin 4:00AM PDT daily Tues-Sat (after weekday investment activities). I have it set to not ask for my vault password before each update. For the last month or so each morning I open Quicken update asks for my vault password. This does not happen on days an update is not scheduled leading me to believe it is not the result of an overnight reboot. Any ideas?

Thanks

Comments

• GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are using Scheduled Updates, not OSU. Can you provide a screenshot of the setup screen for Schedule Updates?
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    If you haven't already, I suggest you reboot Windows.
  • mgibson4997
    mgibson4997 Member ✭✭
    Not sure I know how to attach a screen shot in Windows 10. Can you assist? Also I have rebooted multiple times.

Thanks
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can use the Windows Snipping Tool to capture a screenshot.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • mgibson4997
    mgibson4997 Member ✭✭
    No offence but a screen shot of scheduled updates would show my financial institutions and user names. I don't want to put on a public forum. I can say all financial institutions are selected on the left under "Update these financial institutions", days Tues-Sat and 4:00AM is selected on the right under "Schedule". Update quotes, asset classes headlines and alerts chosen under "Update Online Services" on the left and Prompt for Password Vault Password selected on the right under "Passwords". I hope you understand my reluctance.

Thanks again.
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can use the Snipping Tool to erase any personal information.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    The setting I am looking for and the reason I asked for the screenshot is the Windows startup which your narrative did not convey.
    If you have this setting, you should not be prompted other than at Windows startup (once).
  • mgibson4997
    mgibson4997 Member ✭✭
    Sorry I meant to say I have "At Windows Startup" checked as your do. Maybe I am having nightly reboots requiring the password but it seems odd that I do not get those messages on days that I have not chosen for an update. It was updating at 4:00AM without entering a password until a month or so.

Thanks for your reply.
  • GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe I am having nightly reboots requiring the password but it seems odd that
    If you reboot nightly that would definitely cause an issue. Do you know if that is the case, and why?
  • mgibson4997
    mgibson4997 Member ✭✭
    I don't boot nightly but leave my computer on and maybe it is booting randomly. Seems to often to be related to Windows updates.
  • GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Randomly I would agree, but that would coincide with your Windows login as well. Can your explain "For the last month or so each morning I open Quicken update asks for my vault password." As you know, the scheduled update downloads the requested data and updates Quicken during the time you specified, before accessing Quicken. Any chance a Quicken user password was set?
    Did this issue appear after a Quicken upgrade? If so, which version are you currently on?
  • mgibson4997
    mgibson4997 Member ✭✭
    Actually when I waken my computer each morning the vault password request is shown right away. My explanation was not very good. This is before I open quicken. Sorry about the confusion. This leads me to believe a reboot occurs overnight. Honestly I can open quicken and manually do an update entering my password. It is not a big deal but irritating.

I use 2017 Premier Version 19.1 Build 26.1.19.1. I uninstalled and reinstalled earlier today to see if that helps.
    Thanks
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    If in doubt about how long it has been since a Windows reboot, the uptime is shown on the Task Manager's Performance > CPU tab, in days:hr:min:sec format
    QWin Premier subscription
  • mgibson4997
    mgibson4997 Member ✭✭
    Thanks
This discussion has been closed.