Quicken Cloud cannot log into my online accounts

I've tried to use Quicken web/mobile before but gave up because it was too buggy. I've given it another attempt this weekend and the Quicken Cloud cannot log into more than half of my online accounts while the desktop software can using the same credentials. Additionally, the error I'm given says to try to log in to the website using those credentials to make sure they work. I do that and either a) they work fine, or b) I'm locked out of my financial institutions website due to too many login attempts (by Quicken Cloud). A couple of my banks require me to call in to reset my password and some allow me to reset it online by proving my identity. Either way this is a real pain and more or less renders Quicken Web/Mobile useless to me. I'd rather not use Quicken Web/Mobile if I have to reset my passwords EVERY TIME I want to log into my financial institution's website or sync my desktop software. I'd REALLY like to use this feature of Quicken but for years it has been buggy and unusable for me and it still is.

I really wish Quicken would give you the option of NOT uploading your banking credentials and just allowing my cloud data to be the data that is synced from my desktop thereby eliminating this issue all together. I just would really like a remote way to enter transactions but do not need the Quicken Cloud logging into my banks and downloading transactions.

Comments

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello Pilotbum,

Sorry, to hear that you continue to persistent issues with the mobile/web app.

There are some release notes located at the link below. I have included a snippet from it that includes an email to provide feedback.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7790984/quicken-mobile-5-1-0-released#latest
    • Handling FI errors is now more intuitive, in terms of messaging and actions to be taken in the app. Most importantly, you will not be asked to enter your username & password repeatedly. If you are still seeing FI accounts connecting/working on desktop and not on mobile, please deactivate and reactivate the account that is in error in your desktop product. In many cases, this will resolve the issue. If it does not, please email us at mobilefeedback@quicken.com
    As for your request to have the ability to use the web/mobile app without syncing the password, I can change this post to an idea thread so others can vote.

Our developers periodically read the Idea threads in the Community to help get an idea of what user would like to see.

Let me know if you would like me to make the change.

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Pilotbum
    Pilotbum Member ✭✭✭
    Hi Tyka,

Rather than make this thread a vote I've started another that better addresses it as an idea proposal. Here is the link:

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7855701/idea-give-the-user-the-option-of-storing-their-banking-credentials-in-the-cloud/p1?new=1

Furthermore, I have submitted another small, unrelated idea here:

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7855702/auto-entry-in-note-memo-field/p1?new=1

I'll take a look at the thread you provided and see if I can get any results and get back to you. Thanks for the help.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello Pilotbum,

I have gone ahead and made both of those posts into an Idea so others can vote.

Thank you for taking the time to create the additional post!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Pilotbum
    Pilotbum Member ✭✭✭
    You're welcome. Thanks for your help!

I've re-configured my Quicken Cloud accounts by adding them one-by-one. So far it appears to have worked but if I add more than one at a time it does not work. Now the test will be to see if this setup will last...

I still would rather not upload my banking credentials if I had the choice and my use of the Quicken Mobile/Web function may be short lived for that reason. It's not to discredit Quicken's security, but after Experian's data breach in addition to many other online data breaches I'd just rather not trust anyone with my banking credentials.
  • Pilotbum
    Pilotbum Member ✭✭✭
    Well, that was short lived. 5 of my accounts already don't work. 3 of them require telephone calls to the financial institutions in which they are held in order to gain access again. Quicken Mobile/Web still isn't worth the hassle. Every year or two I try Quicken Mobile out again hoping the bugs would get ironed out and it's usually short lived. This time is no different.

Additionally, both the tags and categories lists have ALL the tags/categories (including the hidden ones). Kind of cumbersome. That problem existed last time I tried Quicken Mobile a couple years ago.

Guess I'm back to syncing my desktop file between my desktop pc and my laptop pc when I travel.
  • Pilotbum
    Pilotbum Member ✭✭✭
    @Quicken_Tyka I emailed the mobilefeedback@quicken.com with the problems I'm having and have heard nothing back. How long does it take for someone to respond?
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    You should at least include all the names of the financial institutions,
    and those that are working all the time - and those that are failing...

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Pilotbum
    Pilotbum Member ✭✭✭
    The permanent failure is First Bank of CO (eFirstBank.com). They are the ones that lock me out until I call in to reset my password. 3 accounts there.

American Express also often fails. But AmEx I can reset online. Still a tedious process.
  • Pilotbum
    Pilotbum Member ✭✭✭
    So an update on this thread... I've had to discontinue using Quicken Mobile/Web because of compatibility problems with 6 of the 13 institutions I download from online. This makes this product/feature absolutely worthless to me if I have to call to reset my password with my bank DAILY because quicken fails to login in successfully. And with other institutions I've had to deactivate/reactivate my accounts in the desktop software to download. As you may know this results in potentially hundreds of transactions that have already cleared over the span of many months to be re-downloaded in the reactivation process and thus require deletion, individually, one-by-one. These problems take more time to fix on a daily basis that FAR OUTWEIGH ANY BENEFIT or convenience that Quicken Mobile/Web may offer.

The institutions that don't work are:
    US Bank
    FirstBank of Colorado
    American Express
    Synchrony
    Vectra Bank
    CapitalOne

I still advocate you should be given the option of Quicken Mobile/Web/Cloud storing your banking credentials. I would rather the cloud NOT have my banking credentials and leave the downloads to my desktop software only. I've been told by Quicken support that it isn't possible which I believe is untrue because I have had accounts in Quicken Mobile/Web that are not associated with any financial institutions that work just fine--so it doesn't need to be connected to an online institution to work. This would alleviate the problems I'm having with the product and also give me piece of mind from a security standpoint that I don't have to worry about my banking credentials being comprimised through a data breach on Quicken's side. I know Quicken says they have "banking level encryption." So did Experian, Google, Amazon and all the other institutions that have experienced like data breaches.
This discussion has been closed.