Mobile Sync Categories on Mobile App no longer available after R19.44

Options
:s Categories no longer show up in mobile app on windows Iphone after upgrading desktop windows Quicken Premier 2018 to R19.44. Categories are still on desktop for selection on new transactions and still as posted on historical transactions. After cloud sync under mobile and web, categories are not showing in mobile app. Even historical transaction categories that were both in mobile app and desktop are no longer in mobile app. THis is only happening since the latest downloading the latest release.

Comments

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello Sbrownx5,

Sorry, you have yet to receive a response.

I would start by resetting the cloud data.

Step 1: Reset the cloud data through the desktop program

1. Go to Edit Preferences Quicken ID, Mobile & Alerts.
    2. Click Reset your cloud data.

Step 2: After resetting your cloud data 

You'll need to sign out of the Mobile App and sign back in:

1. Open the Quicken Mobile App.
    2. Tap the Menu icon in the upper left.
    3. Tap the Logout button at the bottom of the screen. 
    4. Sign back in with the same Quicken ID.
    If the issue persists, I would take a look at -
     https://www.quicken.com/support/troubleshooting-quicken-mobile-companion-app

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • bretrutter
    bretrutter Member
    Options
    I'm having same issue with mobile app (iPhone) not showing categories after update to R19.44 ran on laptop. Step 1 instructions above do not appear to be accurate as you there is no "Quicken ID, Mobile & Alerts" but there is "Quicken ID, Sync & Alerts" but no "Reset your cloud data" link or button on that screen. I've tried to remove all accounts from cloud/mobile sync and re-add them but that doesn't seem to help. I searched the support link also provided above and didn't see anything applicable to this error that would bring back categories to my iPhone mobile app.
  • mgarofalo66
    mgarofalo66 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I have a similar issues (ANDROID). After upgrading to 19.44 my mobile app data is reporting nothing. Web App shows transactions but no budgets or investments. Mobile app is worse. No budgets, investments, or transactions. When I try to sync on Win7 side I get errors and then see multiple qdf files in cloud account. Ideally as mentioned above no "account reset" button to start fresh. I can delete the other qdf files on cloud account but they seem to mysteriously reappear.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello Bretrutter and mgarofalo66,

You are correct the setting now states Quicken ID, Sync & Alerts. I have submitted feedback on this FAQ to be corrected.

Do you both see a "Get Started button" while on this Menu?

If the get Started Button is unresponsive, please go to 'Sign in as a Different User' type yes to sign out. Then sign back in.

Then, see if you have an option to reset the cloud.

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • mgarofalo66
    mgarofalo66 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Your suggestions looks to be valid. This appears to work; 1) logout of mobile app. 2) click "sign in as different user" 3) Type "yes" to delete cloud account 4) re-logon. At 1st appearance mobile data appears to be correct along with budgets and some investments. - waiting to confirm all investments are showing
  • mgarofalo66
    mgarofalo66 Member ✭✭
    Options
    So after 1 week...the problem is back. Also upgraded to 19.52 and problem exists there also. Reset cloud data works but sync to home computer makes the problem come back. Basically cant use the mobile app to add any transactions. This needs attention asap.
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @mgarofalo66

I'm sorry to hear that issues persist and appreciate your taking the time to post back with the updated information.

If you are still experiencing an issue with missing data in the Mobile App, please let us know does this issue occur after syncing data entered in the Mobile App to the desktop version of Quicken?

Or does this issue occur if the Mobile Sync is ran from the One Step Update or Mobile & Web tab in the desktop software?

If when updating from the One Step Update/Mobile & Web tab, please go to the Edit > Preferences > Cloud Accounts option.  

In the right side of the Preferences window, hold down the Ctrl + Shift keys on your keyboard and while holding down the keys, click on the "Edit cloud account name" button.  In the window that opens, what is the last 4 digits of the Dataset ID?

Please let us know, thank you.

Sarah
  • mgarofalo66
    mgarofalo66 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Btw, I've upgraded to the latest 20.xx release for ~2 weeks now andthe problem appears to have been resolved.
This discussion has been closed.