How can I add the current year to a tax report

Options
thom
thom Member ✭✭
The tax report comes up with only past years. I want to see this year to be sure I'm entering things right and track my deductions. How can I add 2019 to the selection

Best Answer

Answers

• thom
    thom Member ✭✭
    Options
    I should have said I'm using Quicken Premier 2017 R19.1 - for windows
  • thom
    thom Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks. Lame, but good to know. I'll just have to do category reports.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Which Tax Reports are you using?
    The Tax Summary and the Tax Schedule reports are not limited to hardcoded tax years. Using the default Date Range "Year to Date" (or better: Yearly / Current Year) will show your taxable transactions for this year.
  • thom
    thom Member ✭✭
    Options
    I'm using the Schedule reports
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    For the Tax Schedule report, if Yearly/Current year doesn't work, click on the dropdown next to Date Range, select custom, and set the year you want.

The Schedule A, B, and D reports only work for a limited range of years.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • thom
    thom Member ✭✭
    Options
    I don't have the option to customize. I'm going to:
    Reports => Tax = > Schedule A - Itemize Deductions

The drop down for the year is preloaded with 2016, 2017, 2018. There is not an apparent option for customizing or adding a year.

You bring up a good point though, Jim. Why doesn't this report have the standard date selection options in which case I could select "Yearly" and then "Current Year".

Seems like another development team was working on these and didn't sync up.
  • volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You can get what you want by customizing regular reports.  You have to experiment and try different ones.  As you can see, the built in tax reports only give you the current year (for your version year), the prior year and the next year.  I still use Q2013 and have to remake my tax reports each year now.

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

This discussion has been closed.