Home Quicken for Windows Errors and Troubleshooting (Windows)

Can't open Quicken after latest update

Saw the announcement that some users are experiencing crashes on latest update and they will fix in a future update; what does one do if the latest update doesn't even let you open Quicken and get far enough to do the proposed fix in the announcement?

(Can't post a link to the announcement because I am too new, Quicken has only be broken for a short time for me, guess I am lucky)
Tagged:

Comments

• splashersplasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

About commenting on Announcements, they are generally closed so that they do not collect odds-n-ends comments and remain just that "an Announcement", not a bunch of opinions.

-splasher  using Q since 1996 -  Subscription  -  Win10
    -also older versions as needed for testing
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list

• tencenttencent Member ✭✭
    My bad, I didn't mean posting a link to an announcement, i meant to this thread. Thanks for the link. I use it, eventually it auto updates, and then i can't open again. I am canceling quicken.
    Ha, they deleted my thread asking what alternatives to Quicken are. So great. I have a work computer, it is blocking me from changing UAC, guess I am using Excel from here on out.
  • Greg_the_GeekGreg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you have a work computer that is blocking you from changing UAC, how are you installing Quicken which requires Administrator privileges? 
    Quicken 2017 H&B - Windows 10
    It allows certain admin privileges (I have to enter my user name and password in each time I do something admin related) via BeyondTrust. However, going into UAC is flat out blocked.
    I don't see how it's Quicken's problem where you are running Personal Financial Software on a work computer that has limitations.
    Interesting, a software that worked, that no longer works, where the solution is to install an older version of the software and block updates to the current version, but I can't block updates, because I can't control UAC, is a me issue, not a Quicken issue. Good talk.
    FWIW, I have Quicken Subscription R19.55 and earlier releases and haven't seen the crashing/freezing problems of other posters. 
This discussion has been closed.