New brokerage purchases do not show in portfolio.

Options
New mutual fund purchases, for example ticker MSUXX, at MSDW are included in transaction register, but the holdings are not included in the portfolio report. Tried refreshing/downloading/updating many times, but no results. Appreciate any suggestions.

Best Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello Henryth,

Sorry, you have yet to find a solution.

It sounds as though you may have placeholder transactions.

These can be found at the bottom of the register under transactions.

https://www.quicken.com/support/how-do-i-resolve-placeholder-entries

If you do not find any placeholders, I would try adding the Share Balance column to the register.

This can be found under columns.

Does the current share balance shown in the register match what is shown in the portfolio?

Let me know!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~

Answers

• Valderi
    Valderi Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You have to edit your report: Go to your report and press ALT+C. Than under "Securities" check the new one you want to add. I hope it helps.
  • Henryth
    Henryth Member ✭✭
    Options
    Clarification. With portfolio report I meant the tab in the brokerage account that is labeled "Portfolio". There are 2 tabs in the brokerage account. Trades are under the "Transaction" tab, and holdings under the "Portfolio" tab. Trades are listed but it looks like the new holdings are not downloaded for some reason to the "Portfolio" tab.This is QM2017 version 4.8.8 and MACOS 10.14.5

BTW i do not have an "Alt" key.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello Henryth,

Sorry, you have yet to find a solution.

It sounds as though you may have placeholder transactions.

These can be found at the bottom of the register under transactions.

https://www.quicken.com/support/how-do-i-resolve-placeholder-entries

If you do not find any placeholders, I would try adding the Share Balance column to the register.

This can be found under columns.

Does the current share balance shown in the register match what is shown in the portfolio?

Let me know!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Henryth
    Henryth Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank You. Yes, that solved the problem. Found about 20 placeholder entries dating back to 2009. Seems like these entries were created when I switched from QM2007 to QM2017 and did a direct connect with my brokerage company. I never checked, but it seems that my previous manually added transactions from 1994 to 2009 were not transferred or were lost when I set up the direct connect. I still have the original file. Is there any way I can transfer those transactions to QM2017?
    BTW I decided that the easiest way to solve the present problem was to delete the "Placeholder" transaction. Was that okay?
    Thanks for your help.
  • Henryth
    Henryth Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks for your help. I did convert my old Q2007 files again to QM2017, but created a new file/account without automatic downloading. Thus I have all my old brokerage transactions dating back to 1987 in a separate file and I can look them up if required. Still have some securities dating back to 2005. Needed this since I believe Q2007 will not be supported in the next MacOs and I want to have access to this information.Thanks again.
This discussion has been closed.