Not a question, but reporting possible bug.

virbert
virbert Member ✭✭✭
edited June 2019 in Investing (Windows)
Changing a transaction from ReinvDiv to Div results in the transaction changing to a non-editable StkSplt transaction.

Windows 10. Quicken 2017 Premier Version: R19.4 Build: 26.1.19.4

Quicken Premier R54.16 Windows 10 Pro USA

Best Answer

• virbert
    virbert Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi Sarah,

I believe the error was on my part. I changed the ReinvDiv to Div using the Edit button and chose Div (stock) instead of Inc (Income). This mistake causes a stock split to be entered. Sorry for the confusion.

Answers

• Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @virbert

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue to the Community, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response.

Are you still experiencing this behavior in Quicken?  I attempted to replicate this issue by changing a ReinvDiv to a Div transaction type, but unfortunately could not, the transaction changes to a Div type as expected.

Does this behavior happen for any ReinvDiv transaction or only on specific transactions or securities?

Please let us know, thank you.

Sarah
  • virbert
    virbert Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Hi Sarah,

I believe the error was on my part. I changed the ReinvDiv to Div using the Edit button and chose Div (stock) instead of Inc (Income). This mistake causes a stock split to be entered. Sorry for the confusion.

• Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hi @virbert

Thank you for the update, I'm glad to hear you were able to figure out what caused the issue and appreciate your posting back with the resolution :)

Sarah
This discussion has been closed.