Problem with linking Venmo account

Has anyone else received the attached error message when attempting to link their Venmo account to Quicken? If so, does anyone have any fixes, or recommendations (OTHER than simply ʻDonʻt link your Venmo accountʻ)? Thanks.

Best Answers

• Ryan
    Ryan Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Thank you. I sent Venmo an email.
  • Quicken_Natalie
    Quicken_Natalie Moderator mod
    edited July 2019 Answer ✓
    Hello Ryan,

There is an active alert out for Venmo where customers are unable to add or update accounts in Quicken. We are currently working with the service provider to resolve this issue as quickly as possible, however, it has been ongoing since May. 

I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused, and that it has been going on for so long. 

For more details or to follow the alert for resolution, please reference https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7854201/5-23-19-venmo-returns-cc-501-101-error#latest.

Hopefully this answers your question and helps to clarify the issue.

-Quicken Natalie

Answers

• Ryan
    Ryan Member ✭✭✭
    It has been doing this for several weeks.
  • Ryan
    Ryan Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Thank you. I sent Venmo an email.
  • graepers
    graepers Mac Beta Beta
    Ryan, I'm running into the same issue. Tried contacting VENMO with little luck.
  • Ryan
    Ryan Member ✭✭✭
    Thanks graepers. I sent Venmo an email, and they did send me back on of their generic, automated responses. I don't expect much to come if it either.
  • Ryan
    Ryan Member ✭✭✭
    > @Ryan said:
    > Thanks graepers. I sent Venmo an email, and they did send me back on of their generic, automated responses. I don't expect much to come if it either.
  • Quicken_Natalie
    Quicken_Natalie Moderator mod
    edited July 2019 Answer ✓
    Hello Ryan,

There is an active alert out for Venmo where customers are unable to add or update accounts in Quicken. We are currently working with the service provider to resolve this issue as quickly as possible, however, it has been ongoing since May. 

I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused, and that it has been going on for so long. 

For more details or to follow the alert for resolution, please reference https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7854201/5-23-19-venmo-returns-cc-501-101-error#latest.

Hopefully this answers your question and helps to clarify the issue.

-Quicken Natalie

This discussion has been closed.