Cash Balances Inaccurate

Fidelity brokerage accounts cash balances are not correct.

Best Answer

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Please elaborate on "not correct"

--Has the cash balance always been wrong or is this a new problem?

--When there is a Bought or Sold transaction in this account, does the cash balance change? If not there is almost certainly a Placeholder that is preventing the change. Go to Edit > Preferences > Investing Transactions and make sure "Show hidden transactions" is checked so you can see any placeholders. They will have an Action type of "Entry" and a gray background even when not selected.
    QWin Premier subscription

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello kemetivier,

We'll need a bit more information to be able to assist you.

Please review this post-
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7307115/add-your-quicken-information-to-your-posts-plus-how-you-are-connected-to-the-internet

Then respond back to us with some more information.

Thank you!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • kemetivier
    kemetivier Member ✭✭
    Windows 10 v1803
    Quicken 2017 Premier
    vR19.1 build 26.1.19.1
  • kemetivier
    kemetivier Member ✭✭
    Updated to v19.4 build 26.1.19.4
    Same issue - cash balances incorrect
  • Leo Sherwood
    Leo Sherwood Member ✭✭
    I have the same issue.
  • Jim_Harman
    Answer ✓
    Please elaborate on "not correct"

--When there is a Bought or Sold transaction in this account, does the cash balance change? If not there is almost certainly a Placeholder that is preventing the change. Go to Edit > Preferences > Investing Transactions and make sure "Show hidden transactions" is checked so you can see any placeholders. They will have an Action type of "Entry" and a gray background even when not selected.
  • kemetivier
    kemetivier Member ✭✭
    Thank you, Jim. I appreciate the response.
    I followed the steps and I am still not getting accurate information. One account has a stock sale and the security is still showing in that account, as well as the cash showing an erroneous balance.
  • Jim_Harman
    edited July 2019
    @kemetivier, you have not answered the question in my earlier post. 

Your statement about the security still showing in the account after a Sold Transaction is a further indication that you may have one or more Placeholders that are causing the issues you are seeing. After enabling the "Show hidden transactions" option, are there any Placeholders in the account? 
  • kemetivier
    kemetivier Member ✭✭
    My apologies, Jim, this is a new problem.
    Yes, I was able to see the Placeholders. Thanks again for the information.

Would anyone know why a money market would be included in the investment holdings as well as the cash balance?

FSPXX and FZDXX are listed as holdings and the values are included in the cash balance.
  • Jim_Harman
    edited July 2019
    If you now are seeing a different problem, you should start a new discussion to avoid confusion.

To help us provide prompt and useful responses, please use a descriptive headline like "Cash in Fidelity Brokerage account shows in both Cash Balance and money market funds" or whatever and describe what you are seeing in as much detail as posssible.
  • kemetivier
    kemetivier Member ✭✭
    @Leo Sherwood check the other discussion regarding FSPXX and FZDXX
This discussion has been closed.