Projected Balance under Bills & Income tab is showing a non-existant Overdue amount?

Quicken Premier 1029, R19.44, Build 27.1.19.44 (Windows 10)

Projected Balance for one checking account is showing an incorrect Overdue Bills or Income adjustment of -$5,352.82. Clicking on the dot for today shows a correct opening balance, but then an erroneous Overdue Bills amount which then makes the closing balance incorrect. The opening balance does match the amount in the register for that account. There are no Overdue Bills in the reminders that I can find. This problem started recently, possibly with the update to R19.44. See attached image. I have run a file validate which did not find any errors.

Comments

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    If you haven't already, I suggest you press Ctrl + J and reset the Due Next on: date of each of the reminders with an inappropriate Due or Overdue status.
  • David Goodman
    David Goodman Member ✭✭
    Re: Sherlock - thank you for your suggestion but unfortunately there are no inappropriate or overdue reminders that I can find so I can't reset their Due Next dates. How would I find inappropriate reminders? All reminders in the Bill and Reminders window are appropriate and in the future. (There are no overdue reminders that I can see). But now the starting balance in Projected Balances no longer matches the balance for that date in the register. This problem first appeared following the update to R19.44. I suspect it is a bug.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Re: Sherlock - thank you for your suggestion but unfortunately there are no inappropriate or overdue reminders that I can find so I can't reset their Due Next dates. How would I find inappropriate reminders? All reminders in the Bill and Reminders window are appropriate and in the future. (There are no overdue reminders that I can see). But now the starting balance in Projected Balances no longer matches the balance for that date in the register. This problem first appeared following the update to R19.44. I suspect it is a bug.
    If you are not able to find any Due or Overdue reminders in the Bill and Income Reminders window, I suggest you review: https://www.quicken.com/support/advanced-data-file-troubleshooting-correct-problems-quicken-windows
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you look at the list of upcoming bills and income below the Projected Balances chart, is there nothing shown in red as overdue?

For a slightly different version of this display, you can go to the Home tab, click on Customize, and add the Projected Balances item. Click on Show details and maybe an errant overdue item will appear there.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • David Goodman
    David Goodman Member ✭✭
    Unfortunately, no, there are still no overdue bills or income items showing up in either of the Projected Balances views, including the one you suggested which I added to the Home page view. I ran both a file validate and super validate but nothing showed up. In fact, the overdue amount changed after running the file validate from approx $5000 to over $35,000, with still no items showing up as overdue bills. As a workaround I have created a temporary kludge by adding a fake reminder equal to the projected balance discrepancy (of $35,271) and the Opening Projected Balance now matches the Register balance. I suspect this is a bug as the Projected Balance used to work correctly before upgrading to R19.44. Recently upgraded to R19.52 but problem continues.
  • markpandrews
    markpandrews Member
    I am experiencing the exact same problem. I'm running R19.55 and my Projected Balance is off as well. It only showed the message "Overdue Bills or Income" today since I have activity. Yesterday, the first dot on the chart was grey. Clicking on the second dot (for today) showed the starting balance incorrectly with no explanation as to why. Projected Balances is my must-have feature so the longer I have to deal with this issue, the less likely I am to continue to use the software.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    If the issue persists after a Copy and Validate , I suggest attempting a Super Validate: press the Ctrl Key and select File > File Operations > Validate and Repair....  If the issue persists, you might try deleting reminders to determine which of them may be triggering the issue.

If the issue still persists,  I suggest you revert back to release R18.16.  To revert to an earlier patch release, perform a clean uninstall, install while disconnected from the internet, update by applying the appropriate Mondo Patch, and you should restore a data file saved prior to updating from the earlier patch release.  If you haven’t already, you may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/using-qcleanui-uninstall-quicken. To update Quicken, I recommend you download and apply the appropriate Mondo Patch: https://www.quicken.com/support/patching-updates-windows or http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/quickenpatches.html

To prevent Quicken from automatically applying an update, I suggest you set Windows UAC settings appropriately.
  • jkurlanski
    jkurlanski Member
    I've been struggling with this same problem for a few weeks now. Its driving me nuts. Now up to version R20.15 and I've done a validate and a super validate...no good. This is frustrating!
This discussion has been closed.