Sync to mobile isn't working properly (edited)

Linnwilt
Linnwilt Member
I never had any issues with Quicken (user since 2000) and none with Quicken Mobile for the first several months of use. However, since the last two updates (R19:44 and R19:52) I've had DAYS of difficulty syncing! I travel and using the mobile app was very convenient for entering expenses. Then I could sync accounts to my desktop whenever I was in the office but since this massive sync issue I've lost transactions. I have had to go OLD SCHOOL (back to collecting paper receipts and waiting to enter it all when I have time) in order to be sure my accounts are right! I don't have time to spend contacting support, trying "fixes" that seem to work temporarily, and checking details repeatedly for accuracy.
I'm very disappointed (and also very close to dumping Quicken mobile.)

Comments

• Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Linnwilt

I'm sorry to hear that you are still experiencing issues with the Mobile Sync and appreciate your taking the time to report these issues to the Community.

If you are still experiencing sync issues and haven't already, I recommend reviewing the information and steps available here for common sync errors/issues.

Please let us know if this information helps to resolve the issues you are experiencing.

If not, please provide a little more information on what is happening when you attempt to sync so we can assist.

Thank you,

Sarah
  • Linnwilt
    Linnwilt Member
    I don'thave time to keep messing with this. I've uninstalled the Quicken mobile app and don't plan to download it again until I'm certain these issues that occur constantly following an update are resolved. This morning I lost 4 days' worth of data again due to sync issues and had to re-enter all of it on Quicken desktop from the paper receipts. Since I can't trust the app/cloud I have to double check everything, keep receipts, and enter data when I'm back in the office just as I did before. It takes me twice as long so Quicken mobile is not useful to me at all. :s
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019

Are you Syncing to Mobile/Web?

Do you use the Mobile app on your smartphone or the Quicken on the Web feature?

If no, turn Sync off completely. You don't need it.

If yes, try to Reset Sync so that the current cloud sync file is replaced with a fresh complete copy
    Do note that a full Sync process may take many minutes to complete.

Log out of your mobile app, then do this on your desktop / laptop:

How to reset Sync to Cloud

1. Go to Edit / Preferences / Quicken ID, Sync & Alerts
    2. Under the "Mobile and Web" group to the right, if present, click the "Reset your cloud data" link and follow the instructions until it is complete.

How to turn off Sync to Cloud for the current data file

1. Go to Edit / Preferences / Quicken ID, Sync & Alerts
    2. Click the "Sign in as a different user" link immediately above the "Mobile and Web" group.
    3. Sign out, then sign back in to your Quicken account using your current (correct) Quicken ID, but on the following screen make sure you select the "Don't use mobile" option and move through the remainder of the process. 
      [Please note: The mobile sync option is the default here.]

This discussion has been closed.