What's wrong with the Quicken Cloud?

Since 03 July 2019, I have been unable to reliably download transactions from CBC Federal Credit Union to any of my Quicken (Mac) databases. Quicken Connect (Express Web Connect) is used to download the transactions to my three Quicken (Mac) databases.

The primary error reported is CP_SERVER_ERROR:ccclient.203 with Download Error (-28) being displayed in red for each of my CBC Federal Credit Union accounts. Occasionally, I get an error reporting a problem with an AGGREGATION SERVER.

If I use Accounts > New > Checking to verify that the accounts in my databases are correctly linked to the accounts at CBC Federal Credit Union, more often than not Quicken returns an error indicating that it can't connect to CBC Federal Credit Union. The fidir.txt file contains the correct URL for connection to "CBC Federal Credit Union Port H" that I have been using since 2014 when I was participating in Quicken (Mac) Beta Tests.

I am also having similar problems with Quicken (Win) that I still use to deal with corporate acquisitions (mergers) and corporate divestitures (spin-offs) that are not yet supported in Quicken (Mac).
Tagged:

Best Answer

• M C Crockett
    M C Crockett Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    @jacobs

When Quicken displays an error in a pop-up window, there is an envelope icon at the bottom right of the window. If you click on the envelope, another pop-up window is displayed that will send a report to Quicken Support that includes all of the necessary log files to resolve issues related to the error. This is a Quicken (Mac) feature.

In addition to posting the problem in the Quicken Community, I sent a note to Quicken regarding the thousands of "propKey" entries in HTTPlog.txt that have been added since 03 July 2019. As of this afternoon, the problem appears to have been resolved. I have been able to download transaction updates from CBC Federal Credit Union to my three Quicken (Mac) databases.

I had a similar problem with my Quicken (Win) database that I continue to maintain to support investment transactions that haven't been implemented in Quicken (Mac). I had used Quicken Support chat last night in an attempt to resolve the Quicken (Win) issue. The steps that Quicken Support had me take didn't resolve the problem. I resolved the problem by restoring the Quicken (Win) database to a 28 June 2019 backup of the database and deactivating/activating online transaction support for each CBC Federal Credit Union account.

At the moment, it appears that someone did look at the reports that I had made and have made changes that correct or fix the problem that I observed and reported.

Answers

• Quicken_Natalie
    Quicken_Natalie Moderator mod
    Hello M C Crockett,

Thank you for bringing this issue to the community, and I apologize for the difficulties you are experiencing when updating your accounts in Quicken. 

With the CP_SERVER_ERROR:ccclient.203 error that you are receiving, that is something support will need to assist you with. Support is the only department that can handle contacts of this nature. There is the possibility that it will need to be escalated, which would also need to be done by them. 

Contact info for Quicken support is here: https://www.quicken.com/support#osx.

Hope this helps!

Quicken Natalie

• M C Crockett
    M C Crockett Member ✭✭✭✭
    Quicken Natalie:

My HTTPlog.txt files for the production and Beta versions of Quicken (Mac) contain thousands of "propKey" entries similar to the following that started appearing on 03 July 2019.

The last valid transactions downloaded from CBC Federal Credit Union occurred before 29 June 2019 when I was taken to the Los Robles Regional Medical Center ER for an apparent heart attack. I didn't use either the production or Beta versions of Quicken (Mac) until 03 July 2019 when I was released from the hospital.

All of the "propKey" entries appear to be for special offers from Quicken. I have generated reports of these conditions but have received no responses from Quicken Support regarding the reports.

{
    "propKey" : "Mac Aug 40% Offer",
    "id" : "126245796145219072",
    "userModifiedAt" : "2018-08-17T15:02:51Z",
    "modifiedAt" : "2018-08-17T15:02:51Z",
    "clientType" : "MAC",
    "groupName" : "TSM",
    "propVal" : "{\"autoSignIn\":true,\"contentHeight\":300,\"contentWidth\":530,\"productYear\":\"LEGACY\",\"version\":\"\",\"status\":\"INACTIVE\",\"url\":\"https:\/\/www.quicken.com\/tsm-mac\/aug2018-40per\/mac?utm_medium=qkn_tsm&utm_source=mac&utm_campaign=aug2018_40per\",\"country\":\"US\",\"tier\":\"PRM\",\"repushCount\":2}",
    "createdAt" : "2018-07-31T22:19:18Z",
    "isDeleted" : false
    },
    {
    "propKey" : "Mac July 30% Pulse Offer",
    "id" : "124194458211190273",
    "userModifiedAt" : "2018-07-27T15:21:33Z",
    "modifiedAt" : "2018-07-27T15:21:33Z",
    "clientType" : "MAC",
    "groupName" : "TSM",
    "propVal" : "{\"autoSignIn\":true,\"contentHeight\":300,\"contentWidth\":535,\"productYear\":\"LEGACY\",\"version\":\"\",\"status\":\"INACTIVE\",\"url\":\"https:\/\/www.quicken.com\/tsm-mac\/july-2018-30per?utm_medium=qkn_tsm&utm_source=mac&utm_campaign=jul2018_30per&year=${YEAR}&ver=${VER}\",\"country\":\"US\",\"tier\":\"PRM\",\"repushCount\":1}",
    "createdAt" : "2018-07-17T18:41:06Z",
    "isDeleted" : false
    },
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @M C Crockett I know you are a longimte Quicken user, but what do you mean you have "generated reports of these conditions but have received no responses from Quicken Support regarding the reports"? If you have used Report a Problem on the Quicken Help menu to report this and enclose log files, you will never get a response from Quicken Support -- it's a one-way channel of communication. If they see a problem based on your report, it gets escalated to the product development team; if they can't replicate the problem, or deem it not to be a problem, then nothing further is done with it. In any case, you don't get a reply or an acknolwedgement. (In a very rare isntance, if they want additional information from you, they might reach out, but it's best to assume that won't happen.)

The only way to get a response from Quicken Support is to do a chat session or a phone session.

For what it's worth: I don't know what a "PropKey" entry is, but I see that my log file has over 2,000 of them, including some of the "offers" you cite. I knw I haven't seen over 2,000 offers in recent motnhs, so I assume these are possible offers that the program knows whether to display or not based on my version, subscription, or other factors. I wouldn't assume this is meaningful to us as users in any way. I'd focus on your specific problem, and not try to go too far in self-diagnosing it.

As Natalie advised, you should contact Quicken Support about the CP_SERVER_ERROR:ccclient.203. It's possible (I'd say likely) that Quicken's connectivity team -- which is contracted out to Intuit -- needs to fix some issue with connecting to your credit union. As Natalie says, that's not something any of us can diagnose or fix, so the sooner you get them looking into it, the sooner there's likely to be a fix.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • M C Crockett
    M C Crockett Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    @jacobs

When Quicken displays an error in a pop-up window, there is an envelope icon at the bottom right of the window. If you click on the envelope, another pop-up window is displayed that will send a report to Quicken Support that includes all of the necessary log files to resolve issues related to the error. This is a Quicken (Mac) feature.

In addition to posting the problem in the Quicken Community, I sent a note to Quicken regarding the thousands of "propKey" entries in HTTPlog.txt that have been added since 03 July 2019. As of this afternoon, the problem appears to have been resolved. I have been able to download transaction updates from CBC Federal Credit Union to my three Quicken (Mac) databases.

I had a similar problem with my Quicken (Win) database that I continue to maintain to support investment transactions that haven't been implemented in Quicken (Mac). I had used Quicken Support chat last night in an attempt to resolve the Quicken (Win) issue. The steps that Quicken Support had me take didn't resolve the problem. I resolved the problem by restoring the Quicken (Win) database to a 28 June 2019 backup of the database and deactivating/activating online transaction support for each CBC Federal Credit Union account.

At the moment, it appears that someone did look at the reports that I had made and have made changes that correct or fix the problem that I observed and reported.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    I'm glad to hear that your problem is resolved! I was mostly just trying to say that when you use "Report a Problem" in Quicken, you dont' get a response and have no idea whether they understand the problem, can replicate the problem, have identified the problem, etc. In some cases, issues get fixed; in some cases, they're placed on to the to-do list, where they may remain for weeks, months or years depending how important they are deemed to be; and in some cases, they don't even see the problem and so nothing happens.

With connectivity problems, there's also no way to know whether it was someone at Quicken, at Intuit, or at the financial institution that made a change to fix a problem, becuase there's no announcement except in the case of widespread outages to major financial institutions. Despite the lack of explanation, rejoice that it's working again. ;)

As for the propKey entries in the log file, I was simply saying that I, too have more than 2,000 of them in my file. In my copy of Quicken at work, which I only use a limited amount for testing when replying on this forum, I see them dated back as far as June 2018, so I'm just noting they're nothing new. The text in those codes covers an array of Quicken products that don't apply to me as well, so these aren't all things each user sees; as I wrote above, I'm sure I haven't seen 2,000+ offer pop-ups in Quicken! and I dont' thnk these have any connection to your connectivity to your credit union.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.