How to delete checking account (Q Mac)

hatchett
hatchett Member
I have a checking account that needs to be deleted.

Best Answer

Answers

• hatchett
    hatchett Member
    how do I delete a checking account?
  • Tom Donohoe
    Tom Donohoe Member ✭✭
    Every time I do that, quicken crashes vi send the info to Quicken with my email address but have never heard from support. I have done this about 20 or 30 times
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Tom, those crash reports go to Apple; I'm not sure if/how/when they get passed on to Quicken, but if they do, it's likely without any personal information.

Have you used Report a Problem on Quicken's Help menu to report this? Or have you used Quicken Support phone support to get an agent to view your screen when you do this, so they can document the issue and either suggest a fix or escalate it. (Reproduceable crashing bugs are the ones that get the most attention.) They may suggest exporting your data and importing it into a new file to see if it fixes whatever is messed up in your database, which means you'd have to re-set up a lot of your setup, reports, etc. -- so this may or may not be a practical solution for you, but it could be useful as a troubleshooting step in any case.

If there is a problem in your database, would it work if you simply hid this checking account (using Hide and Show Accounts on the Accounts menu)? That's not as clean as deleting it, but would it serve your needs?
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Quicken Harold
    Quicken Harold Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @hatchett:

Did the troubleshooting provided assist you in taking care of the issue?

Please let us know.

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
  • hatchett
    hatchett Member
    Yes, thank you.
This discussion has been closed.