Quicken for MAC--U.S. Version - PAYEE Addresses

Options
I cannot enter in a Canadian Address for a PAYEE whose address is based in Canada as the PC only accepts numbers and the drop-down list does not include Provinces. Is there an option that gets this to work?

Best Answer

Answers

• Quicken Harold
    Quicken Harold Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello @CUITCNY. Appreciate your question.

Do you currently reside in Canada? You might need to purchase the Quicken Canada version in order to remedy the issue with the payees for Canada.. Unfortunately, the option is not available in the current version of Quicken.

We apologize for the inconvenience.. You can submit a request for this by posting an idea post for Quicken Mac here in the Community requesting this option to be added to the current version of Quicken...

Hope this information is helpful. Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
  • Quicken Harold
    Quicken Harold Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello Jacobs,

I understand where you are coming from.. Thanks for the heads up.

~ Quicken Harold.
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
  • CUITCNY
    CUITCNY Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Thank you @Quicken Harold and @jacobs. The suggestion did not work. Also, when setting the Show features for Canada only, the PAYEE address template still shows "States" and there are some weird new defaults for States, but none are Canadian provinces. Further Postal Code still only accepts numbers. While Quicken for MAC maybe for U.S. and Canada, the PAYEE address template, in my version at least, shows as if the program is set up only for U.S. addresses.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello All,

I am running 2019 5.11.1 

When I recreate this on my end the Canadian features only seem to apply to Categories to allow for Canadian Tax assignments.

When trying to add the address to a payee, the Window defaults to the US format.

I tried creating a Check and saving the address from the Check itself, while I am able to enter a Canadian address, this information isn't saved to the Payee.

It would appear, that the U.S. doesn't allow for this and I definitely understand the need for that!

Unfortunately, I don't have an ETA on when or if this would change in the feature, in the meantime I would vote for the Ideat thread created by the OP at-

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7856765/improve-payee-address-function#latest

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.