Quicken R20.15 update removed Transfers in my Budget

I just updated to R20.15 and I lost all of my budget entries for Transfers In or Out. I will need to go back and recreate these which is a hassle. Was this expected? Thanks

Comments

• Michael Jones
    Michael Jones Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Same here. This is not the first time this has happened either. Very frustrating! Come on guys.
  • Scooterlam
    Scooterlam SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    edited July 2019
    Somewhat related to this, after update to QW 20.15 (from 19.55), I noticed that my "Detailed Loan Payments" budget category was missing.  This category tracks actual v budget for my auto loan.    Rechecking the category in "Select Categories to Budget" restores the category but does not restore the original budgeted amount.  That original budgeted amount is replaced by the "actual" monthly figure.  This issue also has happened in prior release updates.

Other feature I use:  Investments, LTP, Tax Center, Business, Bills & Income, Investment & Banking Registers, and FI transaction updates all seem to work as before.  YMMV.

Scott
    2019 QW HBR R20.15

• lpadler
    lpadler Member ✭✭
    Today's update R20.15 has wiped out all transfer categories and their values from budget reports. This happened last update as well. Please don't release any more updates until this problem is fixed at Quicken headquarters!
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator mod
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to report the details of this issue to the Community, although I apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced.

The R20.15 release contains the solution for blank actual values in the Budget and Budget Reports and unselected transfer categories, however, if this behavior is persisting after installing the latest release, we would like to look into this further.

I tested with my personal data file and copy of Quicken for Windows 2019 R20.15, but unfortunately, could not replicate this behavior.

If you are still experiencing this issue and are willing to submit a sanitized copy of your data file to our Development Teams to research this matter further, please go to the Help menu in Quicken and select "Report a Problem".

In the Report a Problem window that opens, please enter "Attn: Sarah" in the subject line, mark all of the boxes, including Sanitized Data File copy and when ready, click "Send to Quicken".

Once sent, please just reply here to let me know so I can forward the submission to Development for further investigation and debug.

Thank you,

Sarah

(QWIN-15321)
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am experiencing this issue. Prior to installing R20.15, I was running R19.55. 3 investing accounts were selected in the Transfers In section of Select Categories to Budget.I receive regular transfers from these accounts to my spending accounts and treat the transfers as income for budgeting purposes.

After installing R20.15, these accounts were no longer selected. I had the same problem when installing one of the R19 releases.

I have a backup from just before the upgrade to R20.15, but not a sanitized copy. I am concerned that if I restore that in R20.15 to sanitize it, the accounts will be de-selected and the evidence will be lost. Should I reinstall 19.55 then restore the backup and sanitize? Please advise.

QWin Premier subscription
  • lpadler
    lpadler Member ✭✭
    Tried multiple times to send sanitized copy but Quicken program could not send it.
  • lpadler
    lpadler Member ✭✭
    It really bothers me that I spend so much time tweaking my reports just the way I want them, and then an update wipes out all I've done, with no chance of "undoing" the update.
    1102 Member ✭✭
    The fix did not work for me that was reported on 7/16 to fix zero budget and actual totals on budget reports.
    1102 Member ✭✭
    Closed discussion pertaining to 20.15 fixing budget and actual totals does not allow reopening this problem which still exists for me even after updating the new release
  • raysowers
    raysowers Member
    Same issue here. After many frustrating occurrences of reestablishing my budgets after the last update, R20.15 wiped them out again. I have resorted to keeping a printed budget so I can correct my budget reports when an update wipes them out. I cannot believe Quicken has allowed this to happen again. I would no longer recommend this product after touting it's virtues for over 15 years.
  • deltamike
    deltamike Member ✭✭
    Experienced the same issue with my budget numbers for transfers being zeroed out after the upgrade to R20.15, plus all transfer categories not being selected in my budget anymore, and the original budgeted values not getting restored when I re-select them. Couldn't believe it happened yet again. Ironically, release notes for R20.15 claim that this very problem was fixed in this release.

As others have mentioned, I'm also resorting to using third-party means to track my own budget in addition to Quicken because I don't trust that my work won't get wiped out again by any future update, after which I have to manually recreate it, which is unfortunate.

Was a staunch defender of Quicken (vs. MS Money) back in the day, but not so much anymore. Paying 3x the $$$ for forced updates that cause 3x the problems. I dread when I see that an update is getting installed anymore.
  • deltamike
    deltamike Member ✭✭
    Sarah, I followed your instructions to report a problem and send a sanitized data file, but same as lpadler, it failed. :neutral:
  • dalepreston
    dalepreston Member
    20:15 Budget reports do not correctly total all actual and budget values for transfer accounts. Individual actuals and budgets are correct in the budget layout but they do not always show up in the budget report totals. The totals for either actuals or budgets appears to be only a partial total of the YTD actuals or budgets.
  • lpadler
    lpadler Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    I will seriously look into using some sort of free program once my Quicken subscription expires. The least Quicken can do is make updating optional. It's not like I've run across any update yet that produced some new, exciting feature, or obviously repaired something.
  • lpadler
    lpadler Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Can anybody say Quicken Premier 2019 is really any better or even different than, say, Quicken 2012 or Quicken 2013? I remember when the "paycheck setup" was first introduced probably 15 years ago and when I set it up, Quicken would lock up and shut down every time. I haven't tried the feature since and never will because the workaround has always been trouble-free.
  • James Courtney
    James Courtney Member ✭✭
    After updating to R20.15, several budget categories disappeared from all budgets. Many (but not all) of these were budgeted parent categories with non-budget subcategories.

The same thing happened after the R19.44 update, and I had to re-enter budget values after re-selecting the missing categories. This was for 3 budgets for 3 years.

This is very frustrating.
  • lpadler
    lpadler Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    I enjoy the software but it's terribly frustrating sometimes.
  • pjbohn77
    pjbohn77 Member
    It appears that on occasion, if I delete a transaction, all of my transfer accounts disappear from the budgeting tool. I then have to go in and set them backup.
  • TumcTreas
    TumcTreas Member ✭✭
    update 20.15 caused reports to disappear from home page and report categories to shift, cannot retrieve them.
  • mtn_living
    mtn_living Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    :o I installed the latest release last night. Today I ran a budget report and format is a mess. Sub-categories aren't clustered under their main categories. They are all listed. I started over with a new clean budget report (which is a total pain because there are some intricate settings I need to have to get everything to display right). All went well until about three steps into tweaking it and format blew up again with subcategories in a long list and not totaled together. Something badly wrong. Numbers however looked right at first glance but won't know until I can get format fixed. The tripwire seems to be when I switch to all categories not zero. If I switch to "budgeted only" problem disappears.
  • mtn_living
    mtn_living Member ✭✭
    Attached is a bit of a report to show what is happening
  • mtn_living
    mtn_living Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Quicken 2019 Premier for Windows, 27.1.20.15, thought release info would have conveyed that but apparently not.

My "intricate" settings have nothing to do with format. All underlying account and category settings. Makes no difference in report problems.

I know the new release is what caused issue because I did nothing but open and pull up my existing saved budget report and problem was apparent. If I switch back and forth between "budgeted only" and "non-zero actual or budgeted" does cause problem to come and go.

Anyone else seeing this?
  • therealdmc
    therealdmc Member
    I am having similar problems with my budget after updating to R20.15. I called support and they said this is a known problem, they don't have a fix yet, but the engineers are working on it. Support told me to come here and follow one of these threads for updates.
  • mtn_living
    mtn_living Member ✭✭
    Thank you! Very useful.
  • judigreen11
    judigreen11 Member
    I'm having same issue. So frustrating!
  • backwoodsoff
    backwoodsoff Member
    I too installed R20.15 yesterday and find my budget reports are messed up. In my case, transfers were showing as zero, even though when I clicked on the zero, I would get an accurate report of actual transactions. I've figured a work around.

Go to budgets, ensure that each item on your report is selected, including parent categories and transfers, both in and out (even if you had previously selected them). You may find that newly selected categories will populate your budget with estimates rather than what you had previously set.

After doing this, I closed a saved report, then reopened it and the world seemed good again. Prior to this, changing settings on the advanced tab under customize had no impact.

I hope this helps. I'm less than happy with Quicken in that it seems that each update comes with some new problem that must be overcome, particularly with budget reports. It seems that I'm constantly having to trick the program into doing what I want it to do.
This discussion has been closed.