changing date in transaction causes it to revert to previous values!

Options
John
John Member ✭✭
When I entering my transaction into my checking account for the current year's property taxes, it automatically brings up last year's taxes and splits. I corrected the splits and had it adjust the total to the current splits then I noticed the date was the current date so I changed it to next month when the taxes are due. When I changed the date, I lost all my previous split and total changes! It reverts back to last years splits and total!

Best Answer

Answers

• John
    John Member ✭✭
    Options
    Actually I just discovered the problem. When changing splits, you have to get the cursor off of the last split line you changed. Even if you click adjust total and it shows the correct total and splits and you click OK to save the changes in the split screen, EVERYTHING will revert back to the previous split and total values if you do not get the cursor off the last line you changed. Quicken still should NOT do that but at least I figured it out.
  • John
    John Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks! That will take some getting used to as well because it automatically entered the whole transaction, not just the split, when I selected "enter" for the split!
This discussion has been closed.