What is the status & outlook for "Transaction Categorization" resolution in Quicken Mac 5.11.1?

Options
The May "What's Happening in the Quicken Community" update (prior to Quicken Mac 5.11.1) stated that: " Quicken for Mac – transaction categorization fails to categorize correctly or at all – work is in progress and a solution expected to be available soon." The June update did not list a transaction categorization fix in Quicken Mac 5.11.1.

I have been awaiting this fix since January 2019 (Quicken Mac 5.9.2) after I had to re-categorize 400+ transactions (see "Category Sync Error - Apparent Reason. The workaround for this "Category Sync Error" was mitigated by turning the Quicken Mobile Sync switch to OFF, thus disabling the use of Quicken IOS.

Can you provide a definitive status and outlook for this painful issue? Is this planned for a specific upcoming release?

Best Answer

Answers

• smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BTW, it is no secret that one way to gain insight into current development and future releases is to sign a non-disclosure agreement as part of joining the beta testing group (sign up here, if you are willing).

Otherwise, there is little info that gets released outside that channel and so you would have to wait until an official release to know what is, or is not, coming.

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    To add a comment to @smayer97's suggestion, I'd note that beta testers get only limited insight into what's coming in the future. There is no roadmap or schedule of future releases shared with beta testers. Beta testers only get early access to the next update when it becomes available for testing. That's typically 2 to 4 weeks prior to public release, but beta testers usually don't even know when that version will be released.

I just didn't want anyone to think beta testers get to see the whole puzzle of future development; they only get one puzzle piece at a time, a little earlier than regular users. ;)
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.