No bar at the bottom

Options
One of my accounts (a debt account...mortgage) has no bar across the bottom. The bar that says new, edit, split, delete,... I can't get this account to sync automatic downloads so since it's only one transaction per month I will add them manually. But, how do I add a transaction with no "new" button?

Best Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    @pattygilbride The first answer to your question is that you can create a new transaction in any register by hitting Command+N on your keyboard. Or Net Transaction on the Transactions menu.

The menu bar at the bottom of the transaction window is controlled by a setting in your Quicken Preferences:

If it's not set to Always Show, the toolbar will be missing. But this is a global setting, not one that applies to one register and not others. 

However, you said the screen you're looking at is a Mortgage. Those loan windows to not have a toolbar at the bottom. I'm not sure why the devleopers did it this way, but presumably it's because most of the options on the regular bottom toolbar are not applicable to loan transactions. I think the key here is that most transactions affecting your loan are typically entered in another account, such as a loan payment entered as a transaction in your checking account. 

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • dogsnbeaches
    dogsnbeaches Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Command N is exactly what I needed to solve the problem. Thank you!!!

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    @pattygilbride The first answer to your question is that you can create a new transaction in any register by hitting Command+N on your keyboard. Or Net Transaction on the Transactions menu.

The menu bar at the bottom of the transaction window is controlled by a setting in your Quicken Preferences:

If it's not set to Always Show, the toolbar will be missing. But this is a global setting, not one that applies to one register and not others. 

However, you said the screen you're looking at is a Mortgage. Those loan windows to not have a toolbar at the bottom. I'm not sure why the devleopers did it this way, but presumably it's because most of the options on the regular bottom toolbar are not applicable to loan transactions. I think the key here is that most transactions affecting your loan are typically entered in another account, such as a loan payment entered as a transaction in your checking account. 

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • dogsnbeaches
    dogsnbeaches Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Command N is exactly what I needed to solve the problem. Thank you!!!
This discussion has been closed.