Credit card payments on mobile app not possible?

I’ve been using Quicken for a little less than a week now. When I download transactions from my bank on the Mac app, all is fine and credit card payments are correctly categorized as such. On the mobile app, if the download of transactions takes place there, it labels credit card payments as “uncategorized” with no option to select “credit card payment.” Later, once I downloaded transactions via desktop Mac app, the transaction was properly categorized. Anyone else experience this? I’m hoping to be able to use the mobile app often for categorization so this is presenting an issue so far.

Best Answer

Answers

• Robert Galley
    Robert Galley Member ✭✭✭
    I experienced this on a prior release (see "Category Sync Error - Apparent Reason, Impact, Resolution Process - Mac Quicken Premier 2018 V 5.9.2). This was somehow related to having the Quicken Mobile Sync Switch set to ON, based on other community discussions. I turned the Mobile Sync Switch to OFF and manually cleaned up all the old existing transactions that had somehow been changed to "uncategorized". This was in Jan 2019 and I have not risked using the Quick Mobile App on my IOS mobiles since then, though painful. I opened a log with Support but I have not found or received any developer feedback on the Mobile Sync Switch nor the problem log I opened. Frustrating and very disappointing!
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @brianjw

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue to the Community, although I apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced.

Credit card payments are generally entered as a transfer from the payment account (i.e checking account) to the credit card account.  This is indicated in Quicken by the category field showing the second account name in brackets, ie. [checking].

At this time, the companion Quicken Mobile and Web Apps do not have the ability to create or enter a "transfer" type transaction, such as a credit card payment.

Since there is not a way to create the transfer correctly, the App leaves the transaction uncategorized until it is synced with the desktop software, at which time the appropriate transfer category should be added.

For more information on what does or does not sync with the Quicken Cloud, please visit https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7856731/faq-what-information-syncs-with-the-quicken-cloud-for-mobile-web-apps.

I hope this information is helpful and please let us know if there are any further questions/concerns.

Thank you,

Sarah
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    You can add your VOTE to Transfer via Mobile App.

First, click on the underlined link above to go there, then click the little grey triangle under the VOTE count at the top of page 1 in the blue banner, so your vote will count for THIS feature and increase its visibility to the developers by seeking to have the features you need or desire end up in the latest version (it may take a few seconds for your vote to register).

While you are at it, you may want to add your VOTE to related IDEAS found on the 
    List of Product Ideas for Quicken Mobile. Click on the underlined link, then add your vote to more related ideas. 

Your VOTES matter!

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice!  :D

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

This discussion has been closed.