Why does my bank's credit card require a password in the "Edit Account Settings" window?

I'd like to sync this account with the mobile app, but when I select it's check box from the "Edit Account Settings" window a text entry box appears next to the bank name requiring a password. When I type in the bank's web login password, it fails and I get the "Error setting up accounts" error. It should be noted, that this bank requires both a password and PIN to access my data on the web. Also, I don't know if this is related, but Direct Connect for this bank uses the member number and PIN in lieu of the web username and password.

Has anyone else experienced this issue? If it helps, the bank in question is USAA.

Thanks in advance for any help/advice provided.

Best Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    The financial account password is required to enable the Quicken Cloud service to access your account data from the financial institution.  This should be the same password (or PIN) you use in Quicken with the Direct Connect or Express Web Connect connection methods.
  • intouchwithreality
    intouchwithreality Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019 Accepted Answer
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20011972#Comment_20011972

I don't use the Mobile app, but I think part of the problem may be that USAA offers both Direct Connect and Express Web Connect - but uses different logon credentials for each.

Member Number/PIN for Direct Connect; User-ID/password for Express Web Connect. 

I don't use the Mobile app, but I believe the Mobile app uses only Express Web Connect.

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    The financial account password is required to enable the Quicken Cloud service to access your account data from the financial institution.  This should be the same password (or PIN) you use in Quicken with the Direct Connect or Express Web Connect connection methods.
  • norvanl62
    norvanl62 Member ✭✭
    Understood. However, when I enter that data the connection continues to indicate failure. I've tried every combination I can think of to no avail. :(
  • norvanl62
    norvanl62 Member ✭✭
    Looking through some of the guidance, it seemed that I should try to deactivate this account. However, for reasons unknown. I cannot deactivate this account either. However, I was able to deactivate both checking and savings at USAA. Weird.
This discussion has been closed.