What is the next step in resolving a problem setting up downloads

Options
mackim
mackim Member ✭✭
I am new to Quicken subscription. In setting up downloads from the Salmon Arm Savings and Credit Union, Quicken continually asks me if I have entered my login information correctly. I have, but there is no guidance on how to resolve this impasse. A call to the Credit Union was no help. The credit union is on Quicken's list. What do I do next to make this work? I'm in Canada if it matters (or even if it doesn't).
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• jr7107
    jr7107 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Do you need to download the QFX/OFX file from the website instead of connecting directly through Quicken to the provider?
    Quicken user since 1994.
    Quicken Forum/Community Contributor since 2005.
  • jr7107
    jr7107 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I just reviewed your website. While I found this in the "Business Banking" section, I'm guessing the personal banking side will operate in a similar fashion.

https://www.sascu.com/Business/Help/OnlineBanking/

Quicken user since 1994.
    Quicken Forum/Community Contributor since 2005.
  • mackim
    mackim Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions. I presume that both of these suggestions would involve downloading the transactions each month and importing them into Quicken, yes? That is something I could do but I'm hoping to be able to have them download automatically. Because the credit union appears on the list of institutions for automatic download I assume that it's possible. For some reason, though, Quicken's access to the credit union is not recognizing my login information as valid.
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    According to FIDIR.TXT, Salmon Arm Savings Credit Union is supported through Express Web Connect for downloads. Do you have any special characters in your password?
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • mackim
    mackim Member ✭✭
    Options
    No, just a six digit number.
  • mackim
    mackim Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you. I think that's an excellent suggestion. I forgot that with the subscription I get free phone support. One advantage at least.
This discussion has been closed.