Where are the dollar signs?

My net worth figure has a dollar sign. But the items in my accounts do not. For exmaple, take the account "Bob's stocks." Say it has 100 sh. of XYZ with a value of $10. per share for a total balance of $1000.00. This information is showing, but NO dollar signs. Is there some format setting I'm missing?

Mel

Comments

• Valderi
    Valderi Member ✭✭✭✭
    If a look to my holdings, I don't see dollar signs either. It's normal I guess.
  • Melvin Billik
    Melvin Billik Member ✭✭
    Well, you would think a big-time financial software would allow you to format using dollar signs. My 1995 spreadsheet easily accomplishes this.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why do you need the $,  when the column header tells you that it's a monetary value?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Melvin Billik
    Melvin Billik Member ✭✭
    Notacpa-- no big deal, but just personal preference. It would seem a simple format choice would do it. I thought I was missing something. Apparently not.

Sherlock -- thanks for that helpful, welcoming advice.

Mel
  • volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you run a report it would probably look cluttered and be unnecessary to show the dollar sign on each amount in a column.  And would they line up or be right in front of the amount?  Like if you had $2,150 then a $10.  

$2,150.00
          $10.00

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• Melvin Billik
    Melvin Billik Member ✭✭
    vOLVO:
    I understand. I am not discussing the efficacy/advisability of doing that. I have my own reasons/preferences and it would seem that I should have that formatting option. Guess I do not. It is not a game-breaker.
    Anyway, thank you all for answering my question.

Mel
This discussion has been closed.