Categories Stop SYNCing

Options
I had errors with the SYNC between my Quicken Desktop and my mobile cloud account. So I had to remove all accounts and re-add them. Once I did this and re-SYNCed the transactions the CATEGORIES from Quicken Desktop are no longer available. All I see in the CATEGORY column us N/A. I have gone through this process twice now and still the same results. I am using Quicken - Home, Business & Rental Property, Version R20.15, build 27.1.20.15

Best Answer

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Try to Reset Sync so that the current cloud sync file is replaced with a fresh complete copy
    Do note that a full Sync process may take many minutes to complete.

Log out of your mobile app, then do this on your desktop / laptop:

How to reset Sync to Cloud

1. Go to Edit / Preferences / Quicken ID, Sync & Alerts
    2. Under the "Mobile and Web" group to the right, if present, click the "Reset your cloud data" link and follow the instructions until it is complete.

• jkilgo
    jkilgo Member ✭✭
    Options
    This did not work. There is no "Reset your cloud data" options. When I Go to Edit / Preferences / Quicken ID, Sync & Alerts Under the "Mobile and Web" group to the right there is only a "Get Started" button. Clicking that brings me to the section tab "Mobile & Web" and the only thing I can do there is "Sync" the accounts. But nothing transfers the 'categories'.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Please sign out of your Q Mobile app, then on your desktop / laptop
    1. Go to Edit / Preferences / Quicken ID, Sync & Alerts
    2. Click the "Sign in as a different user" link immediately above the "Mobile and Web" group.
    3. Sign out, then sign back in to your Quicken account using your current (correct) Quicken ID and move through the remainder of the process. 

Also see https://www.quicken.com/support/troubleshooting-quicken-mobile-companion-app and https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7856172/faq-common-mobile-web-sync-errors-and-solutions#latest
  • jkilgo
    jkilgo Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you! That worked! Everything is back to normal!
This discussion has been closed.