Converting Scheduled Transactions: do I have to start from scratch?

From old Quicken for Mac 2007 to OM 2019, which I successfully completed, were all scheduled transactions, loan payments, etc., lost? I cannot find them.

Comments

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Take a look in Bills & Income > Scheduled Transactions. Also, you can adjust how may future scheduled transactions are shown in each register in that register's account settings.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Jan Peterson
    Jan Peterson Member ✭✭
    There are no Scheduled Transactions under that tab (not even the name shows), so presumably none cam over in the conversion from older Quicken version, right? The only items visible are: Bills, Income, Payees, and Projected Balances. All are blank (have no entries).
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    It sounds like they didn't come over. It was so long ago that I converted, I don't remember anymore if I had to set mine up again. Perhaps someone with more recent experience or a better memory will chime in.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @Jan Peterson Scheduled transactions do not come over. You can read what does and doesn't convert on this page. What you'll need to do is to find the latest instance of each of your schedule transactions, Contol-Click on it, select Schedule Selected Transaction from the pop-up menu, and set the schedule you want. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scheduled transactions ARE supposed to carry over... even as per that article  referenced. So something is amiss. 

Have you tried re-indexing your data file before importing in the new QMac?

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Sorry, yes, I misread and reversed me do and do not. My point, though, was that it really doesn't take long to re-create schedules for transactions. It may be faster and easier to just re-establish the schedules than it is to try to diagnose what happened (or didn't) in the migration. Especially if you have access to Quicken 2007, and can view a list of scheduled transactions, and just go through those same transactions in Quicken 2019 to make sure you have them all set up. Most people, I'd guess, have fewer than two dozen schedule transactions, so 10 or 15 minutes of work and you'll be back up and running.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Jan Peterson
    Jan Peterson Member ✭✭
    Thanks, everyone, for responding. I'll be slower that 10-15 min, but I get it. Best regards, Jan
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you tried re-indexing your QM2007 data file and re-importing to see if those scheduled transactions migrate over?
    That is a supported feature of migration.

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

This discussion has been closed.