Missing Categories in two related reports- why is that, and can I fix it?

Hi, I'm working with Premier 2019, Version R20.15 on my Windows PC. Working with exactly the same categories and same time periods, the Current Month Budget vs. Actual report neglects to add the category 'Investment Income" into my INCOME data and fails to add the categories "Insurance" and "Pets" into the EXPENSE data. Yet when I run the Itemized Category report, I DO see the "Investment Income", "Insurance" and "Pets" categories.

I can attach screen shots but don't see a way to do that.

Best Answer

Answers

• jr7107
    jr7107 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    While the Categories are included in the report, did you also include the correct accounts (Investment account) for the output?
    Quicken user since 1994.
    Quicken Forum/Community Contributor since 2005.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    If the Investment Income, Insurance, and Pets categories included in the specific budget you are viewing in the Current Budget report, I suggest you determine if they're being excluded from the report: press Alt + C and select the Categories tab
  • dianaisrael
    dianaisrael Member
    thanks, they all are in the current budget and selected. Still a problem. I think I'll just export to Excel and set it up as a monthly routine so I get the information I want and I can fill in any of the specific missing data.
  • dianaisrael
    dianaisrael Member
    Jim, the input on pre-filtering in the budget helped. The income item (Investment income at one point, but I changed it to something else as I was concerned the system might look for an off-setting investment account) was not checked in the budget categories. Insurance and Pets were so I'm one better. Still looking and may post more as I search through things.
  • dianaisrael
    dianaisrael Member
    Yep, that was the whole problem. I had not realized that the budget categories worked differently than the category list in the settings on reports. Thank you. this will make the task of exporting and combining files easier.
  • shawn
    shawn Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    [removed - rant/off-topic]

If you have to have all of the budget categories selected in the report, why is there the option in the report customization form labeled "Categories: Non-Zero actual/budgeted"? It makes no sense to pre-filter the reports. This is a change to how it worked in years previous.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    shawn said:

If you have to have all of the budget categories selected in the report, why is there the option in the report customization form labeled "Categories: Non-Zero actual/budgeted"? It makes no sense to pre-filter the reports. This is a change to how it worked in years previous.
    We do not have to have all of the budget categories selected in the report
This discussion has been closed.