Net Worth Report is adding $1M to one of my account balance

Cannot seem to fix it by validating or fixing the files. Account balances are correct with bank but Net Worth report is adding money some how. This began January 2019....

Comments

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you isolate that $1M to a particular account?  To a particular type of account (e.g., Investments)?
    Also, what Q product are you running? What country?  What BUILD of Q?  Do HELP, About Quicken for this last piece of info.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Allen Brimm
    Allen Brimm Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Yes it is a Personal Capital Investment Account downloaded through Pershing Advisor Solutions. Stock and Cash values have been reconciled.  Latest windows version but details attached.
    QWin US Build 27.1.20.15
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    I don't show PersonalCapital.com as being eligible for download into Q ... so how are you getting the transactions into this account?

And, have you verified that the # shares/units in this account is the same as shown on their website, and that the $/shrare(unit) are the same?

Lastly I've edited your prior response to input the pertinent info ... but I don't seem to be able to delete your graphic.  See if you can do so yourself, as it contains your email address which could be harvested by scammers.

• Allen Brimm
    Allen Brimm Member ✭✭
    Yes it is a Personal Capital Investment Account downloaded through Pershing Advisor Solutions Financial Institution. Stock and Cash values have been reconciled. Latest windows version but details attached.
    QWin US Build 27.1.20.15
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK,  I found Pershing Advisor Solutions and I'm running the same Build of Q as you.

So if the shares of stock concur, and the quote per share concur and the cash concurs where is the extra $1M coming from? 

And what report are you seeing it on?

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    If its exactly 1,000,000 or 100,00 etc.it may be a decimal point error like in the # of shares or price per share etc.

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the Net Worth report, click on the gear to customize and on the Securities tab, make sure "No security (includes Cash)" is included in the selections. Weird things happen in investing accounts in this report if this security is not included.

Also make sure the end date for the report is today, to avoid the report being affected by future-dated transactions.

QWin Premier subscription
  • Allen Brimm
    Allen Brimm Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Ok...manually reconciled the account by hand. Register agrees will online site. On screen Portfolio matches. Reports that do not provide the right information are Net Worth and Portfolio Value. Maybe others as well. The error is that reports still show I own assets that I sold. Portfolio show value of 3,042,514.85 and reports show value of 4,447,506.85. I reconciled the different to assets I sold. Quicken can you fix this....
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Allen Brimm

Thank you for taking the time to report the details of this issue to the Community, although I apologize that you have not yet received a follow-up response.

Based on the troubleshooting and steps already taken, I'm wondering if you might be affected by the known issue mentioned here.

Please review the article and steps and let us know if any of the information helps to resolve the balance discrepancy.

Thank you,

Sarah
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you verified in the affected reports that "No security (includes Cash)" is included in the Security selections as described above?

If you click the gear to customize the Net Worth report and check Account Detail on the Display tab, are you saying that the report shows positive balances for securities that you have sold?

Is the ending date for the affected reports perhaps not today, so that it is showing the balance for some date in the past?
    QWin Premier subscription
This discussion has been closed.