after updating to quicken 2007- it only saves stock history prices for 3 months and then goes blank-

blank- can anyone help me with this

Best Answers

Answers

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    You need to explain your problem with more details. What version did you update from? Were the stock history prices there before updating? Where did you obtain Quicken 2007 from?
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • thanks for this- i dont remember what my older version was i think 2002 but could not find it.
    before updating all the history prices were there - now I can only save the last 3 months and on the 4th month- i have to start all over with the next 3 current months- i uploaded the disks from another person who had no problem at all with this
  • Greg_the_Geek
    I'm still confused. Online Services for Quicken 2007 were discontinued many years ago. Where are the stock prices coming from? Technically, unless the person who you uploaded the disks from lived in your household, you violated the EULA.
  • the person is part of my family so that is no problem- i updated them manually where it says to update prices- I do this every current month- however it does not hold the info- the next month it shows blank instead of showing the previous month price- I would like it to at least show 3-4 months so that I can track it better-this is not from the web- i do this manually
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Did you install the R5 patch for Quicken 2007 from here?
  • i dont know what that is- can you explain that to me
    sure appreciate your help
  • Greg_the_Geek
    From Quicken --> Help --> About Quicken Please post the information you see including the Release number.

I posted a link to the last update for Quicken 2007.
  • i just did the upload- i will see if the prices still get deleted or not-
  • is there any negative to doing this- and why would it be free- thanks for your answer and concern
  • volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    They let you have 2013 for free to help you convert to the higher versions.  But you can stay on the free one.

You should at least try to convert to the 2013 version since you don’t use any online services or download transactions now. Starting in 2014 they instituted an ID password to get into your own data. I’m staying on 2013. 

You can download 2013 for free (I think it's the Deluxe version) using this how to convert article.  It’s under Converting from Quicken 2004-2009.

FYI - All Quicken versions prior to QW2010 store your data in a series of files all sharing the same filename but with different extensions like - .IDX, .QEL, .QPH & .QDF, and all 4 of those files were rolled into a single-file .QDF in starting in 2010.

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• i have now run into another problem- i was able to download quicken 2013- it then showed that I had to uninstall quicken 2007 before i could continue- initially it looked like the app had unistalled quicken 2007 - at this point - 2007 does not show up in my programs so how can i delete it to continue with the installation
  • Greg_the_Geek
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    i have now run into another problem- i was able to download quicken 2013- it then showed that I had to uninstall quicken 2007 before i could continue- initially it looked like the app had unistalled quicken 2007 - at this point - 2007 does not show up in my programs so how can i delete it to continue with the installation

Uninstall / QCLEANUI / Reinstall

Please follow this procedure, using a Windows User Account with full Administrator privileges:
    http://www.quicken.com/support/using-qcleanui-uninstall-quicken
    If you have previously used this procedure and have the cleanup programs already on your hard drive … please download them again to obtain the most recent version.
    When done, reboot your computer and then reinstall Quicken from your CD or saved downloaded installation file or your account at quicken.com and allow it to update to the latest available patch release level.

BTW, what version of Windows are you running?
    Versions older than Q 2013 may or may not run on Windows 10 ...
  • i have windows 10-let me try what you are saying
    where are you located-you truly are a gem
This discussion has been closed.