I Keep Trying To Sync To the Mobile App, but No Transactions are Showing Up

Options
I keep seeing the instructions to follow steps 1 through 3, I choose the accounts I want to sync, it won't let me set notifications and alerts in step 2, I click Done, the green thing spins, it tells me I have updated accounts, I log into the app and it tells me there are no transactions. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Quicken, uninstalled and reinstalled the app on my phone. Once again, I am baffled...

Best Answers

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    First, your Quicken data file should not be stored in either a OneDrive or Dropbox folder. It will lead to corruption. Move your data file to C:\Users\<Username>\Documents\Quicken. You should probably validate your file to make sure it's not corrupt. 
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10

Answers

• Greg_the_Geek
    Options
  • SambaKMom
    SambaKMom Member ✭✭
    Options
    I keep going in circles trying to follow everything that the Troubleshooting tells me, but nothing happens. I have not seen the file name that I chose when I downloaded a new Quicken program from my account at Quicken.com. I have an old File Name on the Quicken App that I would like to get rid of, but even that does not have any transactions. At some point it told me that there was no internet connection, but I don't see how that could be. I get sites on both my phone and my laptop and they are both on 5G. Is there a way to get back to the spot where it asks you if you want to rename the current file so that you will see it on the App or should I go into the file on my flash drive and rename it there? You can tell a know just enough to be dangerous, but not enough to fix this problem.

I think this problem started when my computer told me that OneDrive was filled up and that I needed to buy more space. Being the person that didn't want to buy more space, I looked to see which files I could delete, and you guessed it, the files taking up the most space were Quicken Files from a couple of years back. I took the current file and put it on Dropbox like I should have a long time ago. Do I need to go back to OneDrive for a while until this problem straightens out or what? I back up my current file to a flash drive at least once a day. You would think that would be sufficient, but I try to remove old files from it periodically, too. Maybe I should just not use the Quicken App, but I like it! When it works like a charm, it it really nice to have. I have followed the instructions from the Troubleshooting in every way they recommended. I know the fix is probably something I am just overlooking, but I really would like to make it work again!
  • SambaKMom
    SambaKMom Member ✭✭
    Options
    Oh, one more thing...when I go to Mobile and Web, it bring up the 1,2,3 Done and below it is grayed out where I think it says "Alert Settings" on the left and "Account Settings" on the right. I don't know why it would be grayed out.
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Answer ✓
    Options
    First, your Quicken data file should not be stored in either a OneDrive or Dropbox folder. It will lead to corruption. Move your data file to C:\Users\<Username>\Documents\Quicken. You should probably validate your file to make sure it's not corrupt. 
  • SambaKMom
    SambaKMom Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Options
    How do I validate my file? I didn't know it was being stored there. It was a surprise to me... I am assuming it is corrupt though. :-(
  • SambaKMom
    SambaKMom Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you. I am going to work from here. :)
  • SambaKMom
    SambaKMom Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Options
    I have been working on this problem all day to no avail. Here is a copy of my validation report.

[Sun Aug 04 16:11:29 2019]

File: "C:\Users\anngr\OneDrive\Documents\Quicken\BACKUP\HeadacheTrue2019-08-04"

QDF:
    Validating your data.
    No errors.

QEL:
    No read errors.

QEL:
    All internal consistency checks passed.

[Sun Aug 04 16:11:38 2019]
    Repair price history: 0 price(s) repaired.
    [Sun Aug 04 16:11:40 2019]

Validation has completed.

I have just about decided I am either going to have to let Quicken help me or not use the Quicken App. I wish it would start working, but I have pretty much run out of ideas. I don't know how to use Windows Explorer to copy data to it or whatever. I may need someone to walk me through it if that will help. I cannot even download WE or so it seems since I have Windows 10 with 64 bit system. I don't know what I don't know! I am going to go into the files to see if it ever downloaded. I can't find it in the list of program listed in Control Panel. I must be getting in deeper and deeper. This is not good. I know you told me not to use OneDrive, but it does not seem to matter what I want it to do. lol
  • Greg_the_Geek
    edited August 2019
    Options
    I think it's time to contact Quicken Customer Support. Let them do a screen share (they can't control you computer, only see what you're doing) and let them guide you.
  • SambaKMom
    SambaKMom Member ✭✭
    Options
    Greg, you won't believe this. I left my computer alone all day and got on it late tonight and out of the blue, it started syncing and loading transactions onto the Quicken App! I am so excited and am grateful for all the help you gave me. I am sure that learning how to do all of the things you suggested had a lot to do with why it started worked. I am not going to complain. Yeah!! Thank you again and again and again! :D I have 16 years of data on my computer and really didn't want to lose it with a corrupt file. I learned a lot from you and really appreciate it.
This discussion has been closed.