Why does trying to sync accounts and mobile app cause Quicken to stop

Ever since an update about a month ago, I have been unable to sync with the Quicken Mobile app or any of my outside accounts. I don't know what to do with Quicken any longer. I have some transactions on the computer software and many transactions on the Quicken Mobile app for the last month that cannot sync. That means I can't see accurate account balances. I can't reconcile accounts. There have been at least three software updates since the problem update and none of them have fixed the problem. Very frustrating.

Best Answer

Answers

• greg.sund
    greg.sund Member ✭✭
    I have been unable to sync any of my accounts or sync with the Quicken app ever since an update about a month ago. Since that time, Quicken has provided an update a week, none of which have fixed the problem. Very frustrating.
  • System
    System Member admin
    This discussion was created from comments split from: Anyone having success downloading transactions from TCM Bank?.
  • greg.sund
    greg.sund Member ✭✭
    After working with three Quicken agents on Chats yesterday, my Quicken Desktop application is now totally messed. Now when I click on the shortcut, the software starts to open and then an opaque window opens that covers most of the screen and then Quicken Quits. At least before the "help" Quicken opened. The problem before was that it quit any time I tried to sync with the cloud or my online accounts. Yesterday I ran was told to delete all components of Quicken for Windows including instances in Programs, appdata, and temp files. Then I downloaded the software and reloaded it. This was when the autocrash appeared. Then I was told to download and run Qclean. I did that. Following the clean list, it appeared to completely clean from my computer all files associated with Quicken. Then I downloaded it again and still it quit as it was loading. Same problem today. This is a disaster. All of my problems track back to a Quicken software update about a month ago.
  • greg.sund
    greg.sund Member ✭✭
    Every time I have tried to sync with Quicken Cloud to my desktop version since installation of R20.15, Quicken quits and a window called Quicken Crash Report comes up. I have completed many of these with no response from Quicken. Yesterday, I did online chats with Quicken agents three times and now Quicken is totally messed up. Now the software quits even before it has loaded. An opaque window appears in the middle of the screen and Quicken crashes. My problems with Quicken have been going on for a month which have resulted in Quicken being unusable.
  • System
    System Member admin
    edited July 2019
  • System
    System Member admin
    This discussion was created from comments split from: Anyone having success downloading transactions from TCM Bank?.
  • greg.sund
    greg.sund Member ✭✭
    That's what I ending up doing and it worked. I solved the issue taking photos of receipts on the mobile app by restarting the phone.
This discussion has been closed.