special funds (Q Mac)

Options
dedeptl
dedeptl Member
In my last checking program I could hide money in different accounts and it was still in my account, but didn't show in balance. I would like to do something like this...any ideas.

Best Answer

Answers

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    While Quicken is not oriented toward envelope budgeting, you might explore Savings Goals as a way to allocate funds within an existing account.  See the Help features and search here on "Savings Goals". 
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    @q_lurker This is a Mac category question; Quicken Mac does not have Savings Goals like Quicken Windows.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @jacobs -- Sorry.  My mistake.  Got here from the "Featured Conversation" link and failed to check the Category.  That is why I usually stick to my followed categories.

(It is also why folks keep ragging about parity!).   
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    Quicken Mac is not a parody… oh… parity? Never mind. ;)
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Adding Savings Goals to Q Mac has been suggested here:
    Please go there to VOTE on this.
    Idea posts are brought to the attention of the programmers for consideration.
    If you would like to see this enhancement made in a future version of Quicken please vote on it. Locate the big blue box near the top of the discussion above (or page 1 for long discussions) and click the "Up" triangle under the voting count. Wait a moment for the vote count to be registered and updated before you continue.

Every vote counts!

This discussion has been closed.