Non-budgeted categories appear within "everything else" in Graph view

Options
System
System Member admin
This discussion was created from comments split from: How can I start a budget from a particular month.

Comments

• Marcia Mack
    Marcia Mack Member ✭✭
    Options
    Looking at my budget under Graph View, categories are coming up under "Everything Else" in both income and expenses. I have not selected these categories. How can I get rid of them? I have double checked and they are not checked under categories to include in my budget. :s
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Looking at my budget under Graph View, categories are coming up under "Everything Else" in both income and expenses. I have not selected these categories. How can I get rid of them? I have double checked and they are not checked under categories to include in my budget. :s
    If you don't want the Everything Else category to be expanded in the Graph view, left-click on the dash to the left of category:

• Marcia Mack
    Marcia Mack Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you for your response. Right or left click will close it, but won't make it go away completely. I guess I can just ignore it, but it would just be cleaner if I could make this go away completely. I don't need/want these categories in the budget, and I didn't select them... I've been doing Quicken since 1989 (I know, that's scary!) and I'm stuck with it. For example, I have this dumb category "chckbk adjst" that I add in to make Quicken match my checkbook. It's not an expense I care to or need to track. Why is Quicken pulling in "Everything Else?" :#
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Thank you for your response. Right or left click will close it, but won't make it go away completely. I guess I can just ignore it, but it would just be cleaner if I could make this go away completely. I don't need/want these categories in the budget, and I didn't select them... I've been doing Quicken since 1989 (I know, that's scary!) and I'm stuck with it. For example, I have this dumb category "chckbk adjst" that I add in to make Quicken match my checkbook. It's not an expense I care to or need to track. Why is Quicken pulling in "Everything Else?" :#

Quicken isn't pulling in Everything Else into the budget unless we select add a budget for Everything Else by left-clicking on the icon:

In your original post, you had added a budget of $0 for Everything Else:

Quicken is trying to make it easier for us to identify categories that have been used during the month and add them to the budget.
This discussion has been closed.