Identify report on which a saved custom report is based.

Options
I have a custom report created long ago. How do I identify the preset (template) that I started with when I created it?
To phrase it another way, what would the name have been on if I hadn't customized it?

Or yet another way, Is this based on Investment Performance, Net worth, account balances, etc?

Best Answer

Answers

• Myrna Larson
    Myrna Larson Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks for the speedy response. Unfortunately, that's exactly what I expected. I guess I'll create screen shots of each built-in report, for reference. I concluded that the list of columns to be displayed may be the most helpful.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Would you mind showing us a partial page of the report in question, all columns as shown, from the top of the page down to the first one or two transaction lines?

How to attach image snapshots to Community posts (Windows or Mac)

Sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words …
    Can you please capture one or more images of the parts of your Quicken window showing the issue, sensitive information blacked out as necessary to protect your privacy but annotated to describe the situation, and attach the image(s) here?
    The Windows Snipping Tool (available with Windows 7 and up) can be used to capture a partial screen image and save it to a file.  Microsoft Paint can be used to annotate the image.
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/13776/windows-use-snipping-tool-to-capture-screenshots
    To take a screenshot in Mac please see https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201361
    Please create image files of type PNG, JPG or GIF only.
    To attach the image here, start composing your reply in the "Type your comment" box at the bottom of this webpage. Drag and drop the image or, at the top of the text entry window you'll see a row of icons beginning with B I S
    Click the "Attach image" icon (the one that looks like a tiny landscape with mountain and sun). It will allow you to select and upload the captured image file(s) from your computer. The captured image(s) will be inserted at wherever the cursor is located in the text.

• Myrna Larson
    Myrna Larson Member ✭✭
    Options
    I already got the answer, i.e. "You can't." Creating a screen capture (I know how), and blacking out the personal information is 10 times (at least) more work than just going through the logical candidate reports.
  • Myrna Larson
    Myrna Larson Member ✭✭
    Options
    PS: I'm talking about identifying ~ 20 old reports, not just one.
This discussion has been closed.