Quicken Reports not working correctly

I used to be able to see detail in my Quicken reports instead of just nearly useless summary data. What happened?

Best Answer

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    More detail please.

What version of Quicken are you running?

Did something change recently - new version, upgrade?

What reports are affected?
    QWin Premier subscription
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words …
    Can you please capture one or more images of the parts of your Quicken window showing the issue, sensitive information blacked out as necessary to protect your privacy but annotated to describe the situation, and attach the image(s) here?
    The Windows Snipping Tool (available with Windows 7 and up) can be used to capture a partial screen image and save it to a file.  Microsoft Paint can be used to annotate the image.
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/13776/windows-use-snipping-tool-to-capture-screenshots
    To take a screenshot in Mac please see https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201361
    Please create image files of type PNG, JPG or GIF only.
    To attach the image here, start composing your reply in the "Type your comment" box at the bottom of this webpage. Drag and drop the image or, at the top of the text entry window you'll see a row of icons beginning with B I S
    Click the "Attach image" icon (the one that looks like a tiny landscape with mountain and sun). It will allow you to select and upload the captured image file(s) from your computer. The captured image(s) will be inserted at wherever the cursor is located in the text.

• Hugh Mealy
    Hugh Mealy Member ✭✭
    When I try to run my saved reports, they are showing only summary information (total for category) instead of detail with dates and descriptions. For example, I have a Utilities report that ordinarily shows all utility payments for the requested date range, with dates, payees, etc. Now all I get is a total for each subcategory (Oil, Electricity, etc). It seems to me Quicken is rapidly going downhill. I've been using it for 25 or more years...
  • volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Isn't there a plus + sign in front of the category you can click on to expand the details?

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

This discussion has been closed.