How can I generate a report of ALL payees, not just the memorized payees?

When running reports, under the Customize tab for Payee, one is able to see all payees that are used in the application. I've noticed that I've entered the same payee differently several times. I want to be able to correct/consolidate into one payee where I have multiples. How can I generate a list of ALL payees so that I can clean up this issue.

Best Answer

Answers

• VicM
    VicM Member ✭✭
    Sherlock
    Thanks, that's very helpful.
    Vic
  • Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another approach, which assumes that the various versions of a payee's name are relatively similar - one version, with "Inc." included, another version that has ".com" attached, etc. - simply go to your memorized payee list and sort by "Description".  That way all the similar versions will be listed together and having decided which version you want to use you can simply delete the dups. 

If you want your entire history of transactions to use only one of the memorized names, then go to Edit > Find/Replace and use that feature to boil all of the similar names to one name.
  • VicM
    VicM Member ✭✭
    Tom,
    Thanks for your suggestion. Not all of the payees are in the memorized list. However, your suggestion for consolidating the dups is appreciated.
    Thanks again.
This discussion has been closed.