On one of my investment accounts, the investment transactions don't show. How do I fix?

On only one of my investment accounts, the transactions don't show in the register. I know they are "there" because the account's holdings are correct. How do I get the transaction register for this account to show its transactions.

Comments

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Did you enter the transactions manually or download them?

Are there hidden Placeholders in the account that are setting the balances? Go to Edit > Preferences > Investment transactions and make sure "Show hidden transactions" is checked.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • gould12
    gould12 Member ✭✭
    I download transactions and enter them manually. They just don't appear in the transaction register.
  • volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe they got downloaded to a different account?  Look around.  

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• gould12
    gould12 Member ✭✭
    1. Hidden transactions had already and is continuing to be checked
    2. All other investment accounts (about a dozen) balance and transactions are visible.
    3. The holdings for all accounts are visible and correct.
  • Jim_Harman
    So if you view the account and click on Holdings it is correct but the Transaction list (register) is completely blank?

Does anything show up for the Securities Value and Total market value at the bottom?

Did this work at one time and now your transactions have disappeared, or has it always been this way?
  • gould12
    gould12 Member ✭✭
    The Securities Value, Cash Balance, and Total Market Value are visible and correct.
    The Transactions in this one transaction register were visible until recently. Perhaps the latest upgrade created this problem??
  • gould12
    gould12 Member ✭✭
    The Holdings list is correct and shows over the blank transaction register.
  • Jim_Harman
    Wierd. 

Do you have a backup from before this started that you can restore to see if that is ok? Make sure it has a different name so it does not over- write your working file. 
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you tried setting / changing the options of Register Row Height Spacing in your investment account register, Actions gear icon?
  • gould12
    gould12 Member ✭✭
    Tried Register Row Height Spacing options ... Did not work!
    Tried files a few weeks old ... Still no change. Will try very old files.

Validated file. Has many errors in the Investment Account in question. What kinds of errors should I look for?
  • gould12
    gould12 Member ✭✭
    If I double click on the Cash Balance below the missing transaction register, I get a box that asks what should the Cash Balance be. The value that is in that box has been different from the Cash Balance below the missing transaction register. I believe this is due to errors in the file (remember it had validation errors), this has been this ways for several years. The error in the file causing the problem in question must have happened recently.
This discussion has been closed.