Transactions will not save in new Quicken update

I have tried to enter a transaction 5 times. It goes in, but will not save and go on to the next blank transaction line. This is in the new version of Quicken Premier. VERY frustrating because I have a number of transactions to enter.It is happening on all accounts including credit card and banking.

Best Answer

Answers

• Brechin
    Brechin Member ✭✭
    It finally let me save the transactions once I clicked on closing the program.
  • Brechin
    Brechin Member ✭✭
    Yet when I opened quicken again, none of the 3 transactions had been saved.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you're trying to input the transaction(s), what does the VERY top line of your Q window say ... starting with the RED Q logo, and including everything?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    If you aren't already, the Quicken data file should be maintained in a local folder on an internal drive and we should not allow other processes to access the data file while the data file is use by Quicken. 
  • Brechin
    Brechin Member ✭✭
    It says the same thing it said before I updated. It says Quicken Premier - name of the file - (name of the account I'm using)
  • Brechin
    Brechin Member ✭✭
    This is definitely a poorly executed update. I already had to contact support because none of the files would open after the update.
  • Brechin
    Brechin Member ✭✭
    There is no other process accessing the file. It is maintained within the Quicken folder on the C drive.
  • Brechin
    Brechin Member ✭✭
    Is there a way to downgrade to the previous version?
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    I suggest you attempt to determine why Windows is preventing Quicken from modifying the data file.

To revert, I suggest you perform a clean uninstall, install while disconnected from the internet, update by applying the appropriate Mondo Patch, and restoring a data file saved prior to updating from the earlier patch release. If you haven’t already, you may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/using-qcleanui-uninstall-quicken. To update Quicken, I recommend you download and apply the appropriate Mondo Patch: https://www.quicken.com/support/patching-updates-windows or http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/quickenpatches.html

To prevent any automatic software updates, set your Windows UAC setting appropriately.
  • Brechin
    Brechin Member ✭✭
    Great idea, but I don't have the old version. I may just try and call Monday to premium support. I'm in my 70's and, although I've been involved with computers since 1963, I'm not quite as up on some of the processes anymore.
  • Brechin
    Brechin Member ✭✭
    How do I obtain the version before the most recent update in order to install it?
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Brechin said:
    How do I obtain the version before the most recent update in order to install it?

Which year and version are you using right now (select Help > About Quicken)?
  • Brechin
    Brechin Member ✭✭
    2019, version R21.16, build 27.1.21.16
  • Brechin
    Brechin Member ✭✭
    I tried the mondo patch without doing anything to the file first. No luck.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    The Quicken 2019 installation program is available at: https://download.quicken.com/windows/Quicken.exe
    The Quicken 2019 R20.15 Mondo patch is available at: https://assistant.quicken.com/patch/QW27.1.20.15MPatch.EXE
  • Brechin
    Brechin Member ✭✭
    Where do I find QCleanUI?
  • Brechin
    Brechin Member ✭✭
    I found it. Will get back to you if it works or not
  • Brechin
    Brechin Member ✭✭
    What msi file am I looking for?
  • Brechin
    Brechin Member ✭✭
    I reinstalled it, and it's still a nightmare. Thanks for your help. I'll try calling Monday.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Brechin said:
    What msi file am I looking for?
    I may need more context.  If the reference occurred when you attempted to launch QCleanUI, I suspect you neglected to place the MSICLEAN.EXE in the same folder as the QcleanUI.exe.  If you're referring to the Quicken MSI, I suspect you're attempting to apply the Mondo Patch before installing Quicken while disconnected from the internet.  (You're installing Quicken while disconnected from the internet to prevent the Quicken installation program from automatically updating to the most recent release.  Don't launch Quicken until after you've applied the Mondo patch while connected to the internet.)
  • Brechin
    Brechin Member ✭✭
    It's beyond what I can do. The mondo patch isn't working because it's for 16, and this version is R20.15
    I'm exhausted my coping skills tonight. I appreciate your help, but now I can open files that were not updated after 8/16 when I installed the update. But I can't save it or restore from a backup on anything. And nothing will save either. Thanks for trying. I've got to give up for now.
  • Brechin
    Brechin Member ✭✭
    I don't know what I did right, but I finally decided to reinstall the update. Then I restored the files from earlier backups before 8/16 at the first install. I now can open each file, update and backup each file, and save transactions on the primary file. I am a trust administrator and really need access to these accounts by Monday. I can't thank you enough for sticking with me through all of this. THANK YOU SOOOOOO Much!!!!
  • Brechin
    Brechin Member ✭✭
    Well, not quite right. I have the older version of Quicken installed. I'm certainly not going to install a newer version until the darn thing is fixed. I thought I had selected the updated version, but it really doesn't matter. It works for now. Shalom!!
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    So, which year and version are you using now (select Help > About Quicken)?
  • Brechin
    Brechin Member ✭✭
    2019 R20.15 build 27.1.20.15
This discussion has been closed.