Home Quicken for Windows Errors and Troubleshooting (Windows)

Bill Reminders don't always update correctly - skipping months (updated topic)

Answers

• Rocket J SquirrelRocket J Squirrel SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see the same problem occasionally. It is not fixed in 20.15.
    Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Premier Subscription on Win10 Pro.
  • MikeurzMikeurz Member
    this issue seems to have been going on since April, given comments in other threads but mine just started vanishing about 2 months ago. So Quicken has known about this for 4 months and no fix?
  • mac-notmac-not Member
    I have the 20.15 version of Quicken, but I recently had another reminder get skipped, which caused me to be late on a bill by the way (thanks Quicken..).
    Anyway, today I was checking my reminders, and in the Bill and Income Reminders dialog box I noticed a transaction for October 4, 2019 that has a status of "skipped" and green flag. I schedule reminders for automatic entry out 30 days in advance. I have no idea why this marked "skipped", what the green flag means, or even why it's listed when that's way over 30 days schedule-in-advance period. I should also note the Sept 4 entry for this "Pay To" is not listed at all! Maybe it'll show up soon, but I suspect neither entries for this "Pay To" will show up in my register. This problem is really making me work, and really lowering my confidence in this product.
  • Dean2Dean2 Member ✭✭
    This problem started for me just before the R20.15 update (Quicken 2019 Premier), and I'd hoped it would contain the fix. It did not, and added a new issue - when I enter a new monthly bill the start date in Bills, Income and Transfers is always 6 months after the date I specified.
  • Dean2Dean2 Member ✭✭
    Update: When I enter a new start date in the Monthly Bills and Deposits window, the correct start date sticks. It does not appear in the All Bills... window. If I enter it in the All Bills window it starts 6 months late, and as I said previously the entire month of October is missing in this window.
  • SystemSystem Member ✭✭✭✭
    This discussion was created from comments split from: Bill Reminders don't always update correctly.
  • vbtechvbtech Member
    I'm having the same issue... When paying bills using Bill Reminders, reminders do not update to the next month and appear on the Reminder list again. If I click ignore it goes away, however if I forget to ignore the reminder and use quicken at a later time, it will show as an overdue bill. If I'm not paying attention, I may end up paying the same bill again. THIS IS A HUGE PROBLEM... For my larger bills, if paid twice, causes my checking account to be overdrawn unknowingly. I've opened a ticket on this issue 6 months ago, and each time I call support for a status, nothing has changed. Come on Quicken Development team! This needs to be escalated as it is a serious issue. Get with it and fix this issue! It's a known problem according to the last representative I spoke to. Please let me know when this will be fixed.
  • QuickmanQuickman Member ✭✭
    I fear that I must second KleinDaniel and vbtech (as well as others) as I'm having the same problem. Give or take 6 months for me too. Have been using Quicken for over 2 decades but never saw this until recently. Problem as described above, whereby monthly recurring bill reminders end up skipping a month and I end up missing paying bills. I have paid multiple late payment fees by this point!

UKR, if this helps:
    - Running Quicken 2019 R20
    - ran validate and supervalidate without errors seen.
    - largest account 11,000 transactions.
    - no cloud backup.
    - 32 GB RAM on Windows 10 Pro 1903
    - and I do not have an option to paste a image file so, Size of file 90632K, Accounts 27, Categories 207, Memorized Payees 3056, Securities/Max 181/181 Transactions 26647.

HELP!
  • rjohn10rjohn10 Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Just installed R20.15 Build 27.1.20.15, hoping it would resolve my Bill Reminder problem. It did not.
    The Problem: I click "Enter" to pay a previously scheduled bill in the calendar window. The Orange Reminder then turns "Gray" and the bill is entered in register, waiting to be "sent"
    I go to register, click "send" and the bill is sent. I return to the calendar and the "Original" orange reminder has returned and again resides on the calendar, along with its "paid version" The calendar now lists this reminder "twice":, the original reminder which is grayed out after being paid previously, and the newly returned orange reminder for this same transaction, indicating it is again waiting to be paid. This scenario occures every time I make a payment. I can remove the returned sceduled reminder by clicking "ignore".
    Suggestions appreciated.
    The so-called "fix's" to the bill reminder problem did not fix my Bill Reminder issues .
    I have spent countless hours with customer support to no avail. Was told problem would be escalated. That was several months ago and still no response. I have paid some bills twice and have paid late charges several times,
    and am now forced to pay bills by hand written checks. Judging by the number of complaints regarding this issue you would think Quicken would give it priority status. And I just signed-up for a Quicken subscription.
    So disappointed. Quicken.....please help.
  • Bob34Bob34 Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    This has happened a few times now. Quicken just skips over my next payment making me late on bills as I rely on the bill reminder to pay my bills. This product seems to be going downhill and becoming less reliable as time goes on.
  • havenonamehavenoname Member
    same problem
  • CharlieWCharlieW Member
    I have been having this issue since May. When I pay a bill, the reminder should advance to next month but instead some reminders skip to 6 months out. I am using Quicken Year: 2019, Version: R20.15, Build: 27.1.20.15
    This is very frustrating and could possibly cause me to be late on a payment.
  • ValderiValderi Member ✭✭✭✭
    I suggest you check Bill Reminder: choose the bill you want to check; click on "Edit". You will see "Due next on" for exemple: "11th of every month". If it's not your choice, click on "(change)". There you can make adjustments. 
    I have no trouble fixing what Quicken does wrong. The issue is that Quicken can not be relied upon. Some reminders work correctly and others don't. Last week, I wrote three checks; 1 set the reminder to September & 2 set the their reminders to February. Originally, I thought the reminder were cleared or deleted, so I recreated them. It was when I noticed more and more of the reminders were missing that I found them set to the wrong dates. I finally sorted the reminders by "Biller Name" and found the duplicates and the reminders set to the wrong dates.
    This used to work flawlessly but not it is unreliable!!!
  • dmoorthydmoorthy Member
    Same problem
  • Just started happening after last update, two of my auto payments show up as past due. when I try to correct next due date, doesn't work
    Is this happening to others?
    What can I do?
  • Lou MeyerLou Meyer Member ✭✭
    I did all the basic stuff described in UKR post BEFORE I posted originally.

It happened again. Two monthly bills that are scheduled for the 23 of every month were "missing" and found with next due date of 1/23/2020
  • willmartinusawillmartinusa Member ✭✭
    Jose2250, Thank you for your suggestion. Moving the due date from the 1st to the 2nd allowed me to fix my scheduled monthly payment which was stuck months into the future. This is enough of a fix for me for the moment. Here's hoping it sticks.

> @jose2250 said:
    > This is still happening when scheduling loan reminder. Issue is related to specific dates of certain months. In my case, I was trying 4/2/19 and reminders were scheduled beginning 5/2/19 instead of 4/2/19. I’ve changed it to 4/4/19 instead, and now schedule payment reminders are correct. So...until quicken find the permanent solution, we have to be careful and/or change the dates.
  • MatMat Member
    I am having same problem; skipping a month. Now have had 2 Bank accounts overdrawn because a reminder skipped a month and I missed inputting a monthly payment. This has been going on for about 6 months. Critical that we be able to depend on these Reminders to work properly
  • allinacallallinacall Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    same with me- this has returned after downloading last update- [rant redacted] - if anyone from quicken cares im on 2019 R20.15 Build 27.1.20.15
    please fix this issue!!
    Quicken just installed R21.16 but release notes make no mention of fixing this problem????
  • Lee EdwardsLee Edwards Member ✭✭
    I am having the same problem. What I have noticed is that it is only happening on loan payments and only after I reconcile with the monthly statement.
    Thanks,

Lee
  • lbsunbumlbsunbum Member ✭✭
    Not a fix but a work around. Had the same problem, when viewing all transactions after paying a bill. I change the view from "all transactions" to any other option, such as "cleared", "uncleared",... and return to "all transactions" and the paid reminder problem is resolved.
    Hi Ibsunbum:
    Tried your work-around but it did not work for me. I still have the original problem reported on 8/5 above. When I enter the payment from the Calendar OR Bills & Income, then go to the register and select "send", the bill is sent and the "lightening bolt" appears. This should complete this particular transaction.

But when I go back to the Calendar, the original unpaid bill has re-appeared along with the grayed-out version of the same transaction, indicating it has been paid.

This has been going on for months with no fix from quicken. Several days ago Quicken automatically updated my program to version to R21.16, build 27.1.21.16. I had hoped this would address this important flaw but alas it did not, so the problem remains. Quicken, Please, Please fix this.
    Thank you
    Tech Support said; "Could you please check if your issue is resolved in latest R21 patch?"
  • ScooterlamScooterlam SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had another skipped reminder this morning when making an auto loan payment to a small credit union (CU).  

I made my September loan payment to this CU this morning, using my BofA direct connection. I now find that October's loan payment (a manual reminder) is missing or otherwise skipped.   I can see the November reminder though.   This has happened to several Quicken CC accounts in the last month and it continues in the latest release of Quicken.

I am using 21.16 QW HBR.  Validate results showed no issues.

I have 2 CU accounts in Quicken, a savings and a loan account.  The loan account is setup under property and debt.  Both CU accounts use EWC to download transactions (which is currently throwing a CC-501 error, already reported). 

The Quicken payment account is BofA and uses direct connect.  The loan reminder is set as a manual reminder for middle of each month.   I ordered the payment from Quicken, via BofA, this morning (in August) for a payment delivery date of September 16.  Payment is due on September 19.

I setup and sent the loan payment using the payment feature in the Bills and Income Tab>Stack View.  I entered the loan payment in the dialog box, pressed "Enter Transaction", then sent the payment.  All this from the stack view, as I do normally.   The payment now shows as "Paid" in the stack view, as expected, but when opening and viewing the "Manage Manual Bills and Income" table, I see the next recurring loan payment to be November.....October is skipped.

I will "report a problem" within Quicken, but wanted to toss this experience out there.   I have backups and when I have time, I can try to reproduce and narrow down where the issue occurs....As always, ready to work with the product/dev team to track the issue down.

Scott
  • JBaksha21JBaksha21 Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    I am having same problem, no resolution yet. I am about to give up on Quicken after almost 20 years. I can't have software that screws up my payments. [removed - violation of community guidelines]
  • I have been late with multiple bills because the reminders are not showing up in advance of when they are due. The payee information is still loaded, but when I go to enter the bill (probably incurring a late charge) the date for "next due" is in 2020. I can't be the only one with this issue. Probably time to start looking for better financial software.
  • Bob34Bob34 Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    From what I have read [removed] is a viable contender for my business when my subscription expires.
This discussion has been closed.