Budget Data Deleted on Update

My version of Quicken has been updated a few times over the last several months. I'm currently running R21.16.

On each update, my budget data has been either deleted or corrupted. By corrupted I mean the budget is still there but the values were changed to be outrageously high. I've resolved the problem by restoring a previously backed up file. I backup frequently so it wasn't a big issue.

Is this issue a known bug? Every time I prompted for an update I think my budget data is likely to be deleted.
Tagged:

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

A shot in the dark ...

Are you Syncing to Mobile/Web?
    Do you use the Mobile app on your smartphone or the Quicken on the Web feature?

If no, turn Sync off completely. You don't need it.

If yes, try to Reset Sync so that the current cloud sync file is replaced with a fresh complete copy
    Do note that a full Sync process may take many minutes to complete.

Log out of your mobile app, then do this on your desktop / laptop:

How to reset Sync to Cloud

1. Go to Edit / Preferences / Quicken ID, Sync & Alerts
    2. Under the "Mobile and Web" group to the right, if present, click the "Reset your cloud data" link and follow the instructions until it is complete.

How to turn off Sync to Cloud for the current data file

1. Go to Edit / Preferences / Quicken ID, Sync & Alerts
    2. Click the "Sign in as a different user" link immediately above the "Mobile and Web" group.
    3. Sign out, then sign back in to your Quicken account using your current (correct) Quicken ID, but on the following screen make sure you select the "Don't use mobile" option and move through the remainder of the process. 
      [Please note: The mobile sync option is the default here.]

• Thanks, UKR. I use the Mobile App quite a bit and I've down the cloud re-sync. The issue begins when I start Quicken from the desktop and Quicken does a system update. It's a separate dialog box with its own progress bar that shows the files being extracted and installed.

After that update is complete is when my budget data is deleted.
  • GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a system test, deactivate the mobile sync option for a week and see if your desktop file remains stable. I know the mobile/web app is desirable, but there still are sync issues that cause issues with the desktop data file.
This discussion has been closed.