HSA Bank broken again

I cannot connect to HSA Bank...I have tried changing passwords, reset connection, etc.. According to HSA Bank, they no longer support Quicken...they don't even have an option to manually export transaction in QFX format.

I wish that Quicken would take them off the "supported institution" list that pops up when you try to add a new account.

Best Answer

• Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    KnnNike said:

>
    > Sarah

I am receiving the CC-503 error. When I enter known good credentials on the setup page, it appears to be looking for my accounts, then returns a "Oops. Did you mistype your login?" message.

I am running the latest build (21.16)
    Hello @KnnNike

Thank you the response and providing that additional information. 

A CC-503 error indicates an invalid login, however, these errors can be a "false positive" if there is an issue with the internal script not reading the login requirements correctly.

The ability to log in successfully at the Financial Institution website but not in Quicken with the same User credentials does point towards a broken script that may need to be escalated to our Service Providers to resolve.

If you haven't already, I would recommend contacting Quicken Support for assistance with troubleshooting and possible escalation.

Please let us know how it goes with Support, thank you.

Sarah

Answers

• Quicken Harold
    Quicken Harold Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello KnnNike. Appreciate your question.

We apologize for the delay in getting the bank off of the bank's list. 

Have you reported the issue to Quicken using the Report a Problem tool in the Help menu? 

Thank you so much for letting us know.

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold..
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
  • KnnNike
    KnnNike Member ✭✭✭
    > @Quicken Harold said:
    > Hello KnnNike. Appreciate your question.
    >
    > We apologize for the delay in getting the bank off of the bank's list. 
    >
    > Have you reported the issue to Quicken using the Report a Problem tool in the Help menu? 
    >
    > Thank you so much for letting us know.
    >
    > Respectfully,
    > ~ Quicken Harold..

Yes, I have. Several times over the past six months.
  • Quicken Harold
    Quicken Harold Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for the update, KnnNike.

I've made note of the situation and will look into this.. 

I will followup in this thread with the status.

~ Quicken Harold.
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
  • William Toperzer
    William Toperzer Member ✭✭✭
    > @Quicken Harold said:
    > Thank you for the update, KnnNike.
    >
    > I've made note of the situation and will look into this.. 
    >
    > I will followup in this thread with the status.
    >
    > ~ Quicken Harold.

So where is the status update?
  • Quicken Sarah
    Hello @William Toperzer

I apologize that a follow-up response has not yet been posted and thank you for letting us know that you are also experiencing an issue with HSA Bank.

I attempted to add an account with HSA Bank using fake login credentials, to test the connections, and received the correct invalid login error, which indicates that we are connecting and communicating with the server correctly, so I'd like to look into this matter further.

Please reply back and let us know what version and release of Quicken you are using (Help > About Quicken) and what, if any, error codes or messages you are receiving when attempting to add/update accounts with HSA Bank.

Thank you,

Sarah
  • KnnNike
    KnnNike Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    > @Quicken Sarah said:
    > Hello @William Toperzer
    >
    > I apologize that a follow-up response has not yet been posted and thank you for letting us know that you are also experiencing an issue with HSA Bank.
    >
    > I attempted to add an account with HSA Bank using fake login credentials, to test the connections, and received the correct invalid login error, which indicates that we are connecting and communicating with the server correctly, so I'd like to look into this matter further.
    >
    > Please reply back and let us know what version and release of Quicken you are using (Help > About Quicken) and what, if any, error codes or messages you are receiving when attempting to add/update accounts with HSA Bank.
    >
    > Thank you,
    >
    > Sarah

I am receiving the CC-503 error. When I enter known good credentials on the setup page, it appears to be looking for my accounts, then returns a "Oops. Did you mistype your login?" message.

• William Toperzer
    William Toperzer Member ✭✭✭
    > @Quicken Sarah said:
    > Hello @William Toperzer
    >
    > I apologize that a follow-up response has not yet been posted and thank you for letting us know that you are also experiencing an issue with HSA Bank.
    >
    > I attempted to add an account with HSA Bank using fake login credentials, to test the connections, and received the correct invalid login error, which indicates that we are connecting and communicating with the server correctly, so I'd like to look into this matter further.
    >
    > Please reply back and let us know what version and release of Quicken you are using (Help > About Quicken) and what, if any, error codes or messages you are receiving when attempting to add/update accounts with HSA Bank.
    >
    > Thank you,
    >
    > Sarah
    Hello Quicken Sarah,

Quicken 2019 R21.16 Build 27.1.21.16

FYI, Success indirectly through circuitous and painful process. Here's the story.

Did a One Step Update to include HSA Bank.

This time, HSA responded (for the first time) with CC-585 A security question is required to complete the download. Try again to complete.

Clicked the Try Again button. Pop up box asked by which method we wanted to proceed - email or text. Chose email and received the Verification Code which was entered in the next pop up box.

Did the next Update request.

This time Update Summary responded with CC-506 Unable to update your account. May be because account is closed (NOT), or nickname has changed. Plus a Fix It button.

Pressed the Fix It button which resulted in a box that said Connectivity Problem and the the opportunity for Update Now or Next to continue troubleshooting.

Chose the Update Now button which triggered another Pop Up for Please Enter Your Password for the following institutions -- HSA Bank, but with no indication or box where to enter the password. Is this supposed to mean in the Online Services setup or Password Vault? If so, Quicken needs to better explain this pop up. Clicked OK button which grayed out the Update Now box and left the Next (continue to troubleshooting) button.

Clicked Next. Said NO to account being closed which moved to Changed Account Name or Next buttons. Decided to choose Reset Account. That resulted in asking to confirm which account to reset. Chose the correct one. After much spinning of the green wheel and question to confirm which account to reset, received message back that a connection could not be established to your financial institution. Try again in a few days.

Independent of all the instructions above, finally decided to go to Edit Account Details and did a Deactivate and Establish Online Services and EUREKA it now seems to connect and download account activity. Deactivate and Establish did NOT solve the problem previously.

So did Quicken and HSA Bank do something in the interim to fix all the prior connection problems?
  • KnnNike
    KnnNike Member ✭✭✭
    > @William Toperzer said:
    > > @Quicken Sarah said:
    > > Hello @William Toperzer
    > >
    > > I apologize that a follow-up response has not yet been posted and thank you for letting us know that you are also experiencing an issue with HSA Bank.
    > >
    > > I attempted to add an account with HSA Bank using fake login credentials, to test the connections, and received the correct invalid login error, which indicates that we are connecting and communicating with the server correctly, so I'd like to look into this matter further.
    > >
    > > Please reply back and let us know what version and release of Quicken you are using (Help > About Quicken) and what, if any, error codes or messages you are receiving when attempting to add/update accounts with HSA Bank.
    > >
    > > Thank you,
    > >
    > > Sarah
    > Hello Quicken Sarah,
    >
    > Quicken 2019 R21.16 Build 27.1.21.16
    >
    > FYI, Success indirectly through circuitous and painful process. Here's the story.
    >
    > Did a One Step Update to include HSA Bank.
    >
    > This time, HSA responded (for the first time) with CC-585 A security question is required to complete the download. Try again to complete.
    >
    > Clicked the Try Again button. Pop up box asked by which method we wanted to proceed - email or text. Chose email and received the Verification Code which was entered in the next pop up box.
    >
    > Did the next Update request.
    >
    > This time Update Summary responded with CC-506 Unable to update your account. May be because account is closed (NOT), or nickname has changed. Plus a Fix It button.
    >
    > Pressed the Fix It button which resulted in a box that said Connectivity Problem and the the opportunity for Update Now or Next to continue troubleshooting.
    >
    > Chose the Update Now button which triggered another Pop Up for Please Enter Your Password for the following institutions -- HSA Bank, but with no indication or box where to enter the password. Is this supposed to mean in the Online Services setup or Password Vault? If so, Quicken needs to better explain this pop up. Clicked OK button which grayed out the Update Now box and left the Next (continue to troubleshooting) button.
    >
    > Clicked Next. Said NO to account being closed which moved to Changed Account Name or Next buttons. Decided to choose Reset Account. That resulted in asking to confirm which account to reset. Chose the correct one. After much spinning of the green wheel and question to confirm which account to reset, received message back that a connection could not be established to your financial institution. Try again in a few days.
    >
    > Independent of all the instructions above, finally decided to go to Edit Account Details and did a Deactivate and Establish Online Services and EUREKA it now seems to connect and download account activity. Deactivate and Establish did NOT solve the problem previously.
    >
    > So did Quicken and HSA Bank do something in the interim to fix all the prior connection problems?
    >
    >

Glad you got it working; however, it sounds like you kept your connection set up in Quicken while it was not working. I removed mine, so none of the steps above are working for me.
  • Quicken Sarah

Hello @"William Toperzer"

I'm glad to hear that you were able to resolve this error and appreciate your posting back with the detailed information and steps taken.

Based on the errors received, it sounds as though the Quicken server wasn't actually able to locate the account information for the HSA Bank accounts and the steps taken to deactivate and reactivate the account(s) restored the data to the server, allowing the account(s) to reconnect.

This type of behavior typically happens if Express Web Connect connected account(s) are deactivated and then a back-up copy of the data file is restored because deactivating an account removes all trace of that accounts information from the Aggregation server.

Restoring a back-up copy of the data file (where the accounts are still connected for downloads) does not restore the account data to the Aggregation server and so when a One Step Update is ran, it will result in a variety of "Account Not Found/Connectivity Error/CC-506/CC-800" error codes and messages that can only be resolved through another deactivate/reactivate of the accounts.

I hope this information is helpful and please let us know if the Community may be of any further assistance.

Thank you,

Sarah
  • Quicken Sarah
    Answer ✓
    KnnNike said:

>
    > Sarah

Hello @KnnNike

Thank you the response and providing that additional information. 

A CC-503 error indicates an invalid login, however, these errors can be a "false positive" if there is an issue with the internal script not reading the login requirements correctly.

The ability to log in successfully at the Financial Institution website but not in Quicken with the same User credentials does point towards a broken script that may need to be escalated to our Service Providers to resolve.

If you haven't already, I would recommend contacting Quicken Support for assistance with troubleshooting and possible escalation.

Please let us know how it goes with Support, thank you.

Sarah
This discussion has been closed.