How do I un-hide the planning tab

The Planning tab appears to toggle on and off. I don't know where to do that

Comments

• GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is an option under View>Tabs to show. This used to disappear on its own several versions ago, but now works as expected.
  • TheBees
    TheBees Member
    Thanks Geoff... I 'm running 2019 Quicken Deluxe; Version R20.15; Build 27.1.20.15. Like other posts; the planing tab does not appear when I use View / Standard Menus (recommended) but I am able to see the tab when I select View / Classic Menus.

I've had Quicken for a long time and wonder if a file validation might be in order for me? Any thoughts?
  • GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    >>"the planing tab does not appear when I use View / Standard Menus (recommended) but I am able to see the tab when I select View / Classic Menus."
    Not sure why Quicken Inc. calls it "Classic Menus", I would liken it more to standard vs. advanced. I'm not clear if you have an issue when using Classic Menu on or if it's sporadically visible.
    As for a file validation, if you've not run one, after making a backup, I would run that.
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    GeoffG said:
    Not sure why Quicken Inc. calls it "Classic Menus"
    Those were the original menus. At some point, all the cool kids starting using tabs, so Quicken decided to use tabs also. Then they whittled the menus down to the functionality unavailable in tabs, and called the new ones Standard and the old ones Classic.
    I'm a Classic guy, myself. There's nothing you can do with tabs that you can't do with Classic menus, tabs are less accessible, and tabs take up screen real estate.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

This discussion has been closed.