Issues with Synchrony bank credit cards no longer downloading to Quicken

Recently have not had auto downloads from these specific Synchrony Bank held credit cards:
PayPal, Care Credit, Synchrony/Sewing & More...they have stopped downloads & you have to go into their site to download transactions & then they don't match the account that was previously set up that at one time did do auto downloads.

Answers

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are there any error messages?
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • Geramy
    Geramy Member ✭✭
    No, nothing happens when you try to do the auto download.
    I go into the settings...it tells me I can set up auto transaction downloading but when I try to sign in with my id & password, it doesn't recognize my credentials..."anything typed in correctly....."
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Geramy & @toodiesdad

I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing issues adding/updating accounts and appreciate your taking the time to report this behavior to the Community.

May I ask, do you receive an error code or message at all when attempting to add and/or update the accounts?  If so, what error code/message is being received?  

Please let us know, thank you.

Sarah
  • udechwordiEr
    udechwordiEr Member ✭✭✭
    I am having a similar issue, my error code is CC-502, which happens when I attempt to download from Synchrony Amazon account.
  • Ed Ransom
    Ed Ransom Member ✭✭
    I'm getting a "Connectivity Problems" popup asking if I change my password recently. A "No" suggests updating again, indicating success, but results in a CC-892. Following steps outlined in FAQ and attempting again I get a CC-501. PayPal Credit began failing when it transferred to Synchrony. Lowe's, Walmart, Discount Tire (all Synchrony) have now all become inactive for OSU.
  • Bigfootsf
    Bigfootsf Member ✭✭
    mine is ec 503
  • Bigfootsf
    Bigfootsf Member ✭✭
    Fore got to mention my problem is with Sync bank's Amazon store card
  • catranch
    catranch Member
    Same here. 3 different Synchrony accounts, Amazon, Lowes and Sams. Problem seems to have something to do with the fact that Quicken wants to update all "Synchrony Bank Cards" at once. Password vault has an entry for "Synchrony Bank Cards" NOT for the individual cards (Amazon, Lowes, Sams).
    Very frustrating. Hope someone from Quicken can respond and help us resolve this problem.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Since no one here has yet provided an answer, I can only suggest that you contact Quicken Support, ideally during phone hours so an agent can screen share your Quicken to see what you're seeing and work through the situation.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • mitch.trumpetwin
    mitch.trumpetwin Member ✭✭✭✭
    Log onto your snychrony account online. See if it is asking if you want free credit scores. If yes, either accept or not. Then try quicken again. That was my problem.
  • Geramy
    Geramy Member ✭✭
    I was already enrolled for the Fico score with Synchrony...that has nothing to do with it for me...It has to do with every account that Synchrony puts its hands on...some Sychrony accounts, you have to go into the store holders website such as Amazon.
  • Geramy
    Geramy Member ✭✭
    Just went into my Synchrony account website...checked on Technical Support...They tell you how to download...I tried it...you get a Qfx. file, which when you import it into Quicken, your Quicken today's balance will show only the payment
    that was downloaded...you do not get a running balance except in "Projected Balance"...the directions proceed under heading "Please note the following: Quicken downloads can only be completed through the Online Credit Center...Statement information cannot be downloaded from Quicken.com...Currently we only support Internet Explorer and Mozilla Browsers...We do not currently allow direct WebConnect downloads from within Quicken Software.
    Down the end of the page it states "We hope these helpful hints were able to resolve the issue. If this issue continues, please contact the Quicken Support Center site at Quicken.com for additional assistance." I guess that answers the question...they've passed the buck to Quicken! That is why any previous downloads we got from PayPal or any other Synchrony held credit or credit cards no longer download as before.
  • saberman
    saberman Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Still running Quick 2017 H&B.
    Getting CC-502 error when Quicken tries to talk to Synchrony (Amazon).
    Connection method: Express Web Connect
    Quicken says: connecting, requesting, receiving then fails.
  • thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

• Geramy
    Geramy Member ✭✭
    This is also occurring on Quicken for Mac & I'm on a subscription with Quicken, so I'm running the latest version. I get no such errors...just no downloads.
  • saberman
    saberman Member ✭✭✭
    Synchrony download started working again.
  • jr7107
    jr7107 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    Is Synchrony not even providing the QFX file to download? The consumer credit side (different part of Synchrony) appear to support from the View Activity section of the account.
    Quicken user since 1994.
    Quicken Forum/Community Contributor since 2005.
  • Richard Sturgeon
    Richard Sturgeon Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    I have several accounts with Synchrony bank Amazon, Walmart, care credit and for some reason they have become cross linked i have managed to get Walmart card deactivated and reactivated. I can not get Amazon deactivated i have even don a file repair not help.
    this problem began about the time quicken had problems and downloaded the ho[t] fix.
  • thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @""Richard Sturgeon" ,

Try running Validate and Repair when try Deactivating.

See this FAQ:  https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7307115/add-your-quicken-information-to-your-posts-plus-how-you-are-connected-to-the-internet

Can't give exact information, because you haven't disclosed any information.

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

• Richard Sturgeon
    I have run Validate and repair several times and have gone back and tried to deactivate. I am running version 1903, quicken version r21.17 build 27.1.21.17 us.
  • Richard Sturgeon
    I am connect DSl
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited September 2019
    So Synchrony would have you believe that their security standards are higher than the thousands of other financial institutions that work with Quicken, including every big name in the financial services industry – Amex, Chase, Citi, Bank of America, Capital One, Vanguard, and on and on… Somehow, that seems hard to believe! Perhaps they don’t want to pay Quicken (Intuit) for the higher-level connectivity (direct connect) that many financial institutions use. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Dennis@1
    Dennis@1 Member ✭✭✭✭
    catranch said:
    Same here. 3 different Synchrony accounts, Amazon, Lowes and Sams. Problem seems to have something to do with the fact that Quicken wants to update all "Synchrony Bank Cards" at once. Password vault has an entry for "Synchrony Bank Cards" NOT for the individual cards (Amazon, Lowes, Sams).
    Very frustrating. Hope someone from Quicken can respond and help us resolve this problem.
    This issue came to light quite some time ago. I can't believe support couldn't help. Apparently they do not follow these forums. Do not use synchrony as the financial institution for downloads in Quicken anymore with the brand name credit cards. For example, by accident, I found a FI in quicken called Sam's Club Personal Credit. I switched to that FI and was able to download my Sam's Club Mastercard transactions once again via Quicken Connect. For Lowes try Lowes Consumer Credit as the FI. For Amazon try Amazon.com Store Card - Synchrony as the FI and so on for other branded synchrony cards.

This discussion has been closed.