Is anyone having issues accessing Chase accounts on Mac? (edited to include platform)

Carlos103
Carlos103 Member ✭✭
Can get into my accounts directly on chase.com but not using quicken.

Answers

• paulzilwhite
    paulzilwhite Member ✭✭
    Hello,

Since upgrading to the 5.12.2 version, my wife & I are not able to connect with Chase Bank (we both get "Download Error (-30) Invalid_credentials" saying username or password doesn't match) for the bank accounts (the JP Morgan Roth Fund works). I know the username & password are correct as I can get on the Chase Bank website directly.

The connection type for Chase Bank is Quicken Connect (as for all my other non-Chase accounts, as well). For the Roth, it is Direct Connect. Do I need to switch the bank to Direct? If so, will that mess up my years of data (Chase alone goes back to 2003)?

Thank you
    Quicken Mac user since June 1994
  • Yep, same problem here. One Step Update didn't report anything wrong, but I knew I had a bunch of transactions that had not been downloaded yet. I did a separate "Update now" through Q on my Chase credit card account and it came back with a "wrong password" error. The password was correct, but I entered it again in the field provided. Quicken locked up and I had to force it to close.

No problem logging into chase through my browser.
  • seankelly
    seankelly Member
    Indicated that my password and/or email are invalid yet I can sign on through my browser. Is there an issue with Chase connectivity? All other accounts are working fine. I checked Chase's sit and there are no known issues. It worked fine yesterday.
  • seankelly
    seankelly Member
    I just tried also on quicken web and same thing. I includes a code: Care Code: ccscrape.103
  • Michael Jones
    Michael Jones Member, Windows Beta Beta
    For me it had been working until I ran into some problems with my files and had to reset some things yesterday.  Yesterday on another computer I was able to restore my logins, but late last night and this morning I'm not able to restore them on my primary computer.  When I login to Chase's website I get a notice at the top that 'Some parts of this page might not be working right now.'  

I wonder if that's messing with things?
  • Austin@
    Austin@ Mac Beta Beta
    When I log into my Chase account in a web browser there is a message at the top saying they are working on their website and that some features are currently unavailable. I think this is affecting Quicken being able to connect to Chase. I’m experiencing connection errors as well when I attempt to update. 
  • paulzilwhite
    paulzilwhite Member ✭✭
    Michael, thanks. I just logged onto Chase & all is fine there. I am still getting the error on Quicken download with them. The problem started on 8-22 when I upgraded the program.
  • JimJ
    JimJ Member ✭✭
    Windows also cannot connect to Chase via Quicken and obviously cannot download transactions. I reported the error to Quicken.
  • JimJ
    JimJ Member ✭✭
    same issue today (August 25, 2019)
  • BaronTX1
    BaronTX1 Member
    can't connect to Chase bank accounts Intuit MAC subscription services , I did my Mac upgrade today 10.14.6
    I can log in to Chase site -running Safari Version 12.1.2 (14607.3.9)
  • BaronTX1
    BaronTX1 Member
    Closed Quicken , Reopened.... there was an update waiting to OnLine Quicken so I installed. Restarted still received sync error on my acct, reentered my password and it is now OK
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Hello All,

(There is currently an active alert for Chase)

Thank you for taking the time to post this issue to the Community.

I received a Partial Download -28 (103 invalid credentials error) on my Chase account this morning as well.

I was able to correct this error by following the steps found here.

If the error persists after completing the steps in the above article, please respond back and let me know!

-Quicken Tyka

(There is currently an active alert for Chase)

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7859391/new-08-30-19-chase-connections-temporarily-unavailable#latest

(Edited to include alert)
    ~~~***~~~
  • Michael Jones
    Michael Jones Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Chase has been having a ton of issues this weekend it looks like.  That first item in the file Tyka pointed to would be my next stop, which is to disable download on all your Chase accounts and then re-enable it.  I have to do that every once in a while with my bank, though it's gotten less frequent.

Just make sure you match the accounts if it's successful and you don't accidentally create a new one!
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    If you are connecting to Chase credit cards with Quicken Connect/Express Web Connect, I recommend you change it over Direct Connect to fix this issue now and avoid this type of problem in the future. Direct Connect is working fine to Chase credit cards and is free.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • paulzilwhite
    paulzilwhite Member ✭✭
    > @Quicken_Tyka said:
    > Hello All,
    >
    > Thank you for taking the time to post this issue to the Community.
    >
    > I received a Partial Download -28 (103 invalid credentials error) on my Chase account this morning as well.
    >
    > I was able to correct this error by following the steps found here.
    >
    > If the error persists after completing the steps in the above article, please respond back and let me know!
    >
    > -Quicken Tyka

Thank you Tyka,

Deleting the Keychain & reconnecting appears to have worked. Would you recommend as RickO did that I switch over to Direct Connect instead of Quicken Connect for all of them on Chase?
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello Paulzilwhite,

I personally have had a good experience using Quicken Connect with Chase save for this error today. It does depend on the bank. As a whole, Direct Connect is a more reliable option and if it's available for free, I would definitely take advantage of that.

I have a checking account and haven't seen a need to pay a monthly fee to download using Direct Connect.

To make this change, go to Settings in the bottom right-hand corner and choose 'Change Connection Type' then choose 'Options' then Direct Connect.

For more information on how Quicken Connects, I would review the article below
    https://www.quicken.com/support/how-quicken-connects-your-bank

Hope this helps! 
    ~~~***~~~
  • I was using Express Web Connect. Deactivating the account and enabling it again using Direct Connect fixed my issue.
  • cabryant70
    cabryant70 Member ✭✭
    Since the last update my accounts with Chase are not syncing. The error I receive is attached. I know I have valid credentials as I checked my bank account. When or how is this resolved?
  • Andy Crouch
    Andy Crouch Member ✭✭
    When I try to update my Chase credit cards online, I get this error:

INVALID_CREDENTIALS:ccrscape.103:Login error. Your username or password doesn't match what we have on file.

Clicking the "Resolve" button next to the error message and re-entering my correct credentials fails.

I got this error about a week ago and re-entered my Chase credentials (which hadn't changed) in Quicken and was able to restore connectivity without getting the error after the "Resolve" step.

Nothing has changed about my Chase login credentials at any point in this process. I can login to the website directly with the same credentials without an issue.
  • kcuts44
    kcuts44 Member
    With latest update now I am unable to login to Chase for downloads. Have deactivated and tried to reactivate with no luck.
  • robcurci2
    robcurci2 Member ✭✭
    Please try this and see if it helps.
    Log Into Chase. Go to Profile & Settings --> Account Safe --> Desktop Software and Approve PFM. It will take some time before Chase updates their records (few hours) and then Quicken will function fine after that. I never had this error until this week.
    > They will also send you a secure message to validate your identity, it will not permit you to connect without that confirmed.
  • robcurci2
    robcurci2 Member ✭✭
    I was not charged at all for this change. I am a "free" user and there was no disclosure indicating a cost associated. I also deactivated all 3 of my accounts and reactivated the accounts.
  • TimJo
    TimJo Member
    I am having the same issue with Version 5.12.3 (Build 512.29258.100)

It says that my username and password does not match at login to Chase, yet I am able to access Chase on the web without issue.

The error is INVALID_CREDENTIALS:ccscrape.103

It seems to be related to Chase because my other bank is still working just fine.
  • TimJo
    TimJo Member

It says that my username and password does not match at login to Chase, yet I am able to access Chase on the web without issue.

It seems to be related to Chase because my other bank is still working just fine.
  • TimJo
    TimJo Member

• TimJo
    TimJo Member
    It could be Chase changed access rules. When I logged in to their website and went to Profile & Settings -> AccountSafe -> Desktop Software, access was no longer enabled. I enabled access, but nothing has changed yet. As robcurci2 said above, it could take a bit to migrate the permissions into the Chase server. I'll try again in a few hours...
  • fenamdelp
    fenamdelp Member
    Same as the others.
    I am having this issue with Version 5.12.3

• robcurci2
    robcurci2 Member ✭✭
    > @TimJo said:
    > It could be Chase changed access rules. When I logged in to their website and went to Profile & Settings -> AccountSafe -> Desktop Software, access was no longer enabled. I enabled access, but nothing has changed yet. As robcurci2 said above, it could take a bit to migrate the permissions into the Chase server. I'll try again in a few hours...

Check your primary email for your Chase account for a notification in your Secure Message Center (or just go there) and validate your identity.
  • RCinNJ
    RCinNJ Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    I just updated to 5.12.13. No problem with Chase for me. Maybe try again later. My QM couldn't connect to Citi yesterday, but today it is working. I did have to relink Citi a few days ago when Citi did a security update. BTW, I always try Direct Connect first. Quicken Connect only if that doesn't work.
  • HansT
    HansT Member, Windows Beta, Mac Beta Beta
    Today, Quicken asked for the login credentials to my Chase Visa account, which Quicken had been happily downloading for months. I entered my credentials (having confirmed them by logging in to the Chase Visa website) but Quicken keeps looping back to the login window.

Please advise. Thank you.
This discussion has been closed.