When are you going to fix memorized transactions so they remember categories?

When Are you going to fix memorized transactions so they remember categories? There have been a number of releases since this problem started happening.

Best Answer

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @Bob Wargowski There's a been a lot of conversation about this over the past week among several of us users and the Quicken Mac product manager in the long thread about the release of version 5.12 (starting here and continuing on and off through that thread). If you don't feel like wading through all those posts, I think this is an accurate summary:
    1. There is a plan the developers have for adding functionality similar to Quicken Windows or Quicken Mac 2007 to allow users to memorize transactions for Payees that will be used for subsequent transactions from the same Payee.
    2. There is no timeframe the Product Manager is willing to share at this time about that functionality. My guess -- only a guess -- is that this means it's in development, but release is not imminent; think 3-6 months, not the next 1 or 2.
    3. Meanwhile, downloads should pick up the category used for the same Payee the last time that Payee was used, but this is broken in at least some instances, and perhaps more than they were aware. Since this aspect of the program is being re-worked, it's uncertain whether they will expend effort to troubleshoot what's currently not working and fix it.
    Bottom line: this will get fixed, either in stages or all at once, but we have no estimate of when that will happen.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the language needs to be more precise. Since QMac DOES actually memorize transactions, with its categorization and other data, the problem maybe simply ought to be called auto-categorization based on memorized transactions (I know, a little long), or simply applying memorized categorization (though there are other data that needs to be applied too, e.g. amount, memo).

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• Bob Wargowski
    Bob Wargowski Member ✭✭
    Thanks for your replies. Sorry the question was not as precise as it needed to be. My complaint is that applying previously used categories to downloaded transactions with the same payee was working fine in older versions before I paid for the subscription service. It is obviously a bug. I don't understand why it has to go through a whole product development lifecycle to get fixed. To me, it was a major ease of use feature.
This discussion has been closed.