QSD Write Error 009

I have used Quicken since 1998, only for personal bank & spending. I upgraded to 2004 when they forced me to upgrade at least some. Never had a problem until now and it is a biggy. I went to back-up to a flash drive a couple weeks ago (Aug.2019) and when I did this error came up and wiped out all my data on both the flash drive and on the open program all the way back to 2015. I went to the back up file and every time I recovered a older backup it would wipe them out to all the way back to at least 2017. It wiped out my flash drives each time also. Am I "dead in the water" to ever getting current data? The little I know about files and backups, I figure now the files are wiped out I have not chance of getting any 2019 data again. HELP!!!!!

Best Answer

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    If you haven't already, I suggest you attempt to access the data file set and data file backup set from a local folder on an internal drive and not allow other processes to access the data file set while the data file set is use by Quicken.  If you want to maintain your data file backup file set on a USB drive, use Windows File Explorer to transfer the backup file set.
  • Thanks. I will so my computer guy. Kind of greek to me!
  • Sherlock: do you think it would help to uninstall the Quicken 2004 d reinstall or get a newer version? I really don’t need any thing fancy because I only use the bank & expense/income for my home use?
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can download a free copy of Quicken Deluxe 2013 from here.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Sherlock: do you think it would help to uninstall the Quicken 2004 d reinstall or get a newer version? I really don’t need any thing fancy because I only use the bank & expense/income for my home use?

If I thought the program installation was corrupt, I would have suggested a reinstall.  If you wanted to start from scratch, I would recommend a more recent version of the product.  What I though might be the issue is simply that Quicken 2004 is having difficulty accessing the USB file system properly.  
  • As they say....”dah” I will get a newer version. Thanks for the reminder!!
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can download a free copy of Quicken Deluxe 2013 from here.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • rainbow4691
    rainbow4691 Member
    Answer ✓
    Thank you!
This discussion has been closed.