In/Out/What's Left

On the Home tab, In/Out/What's left graphic. If I pay any bills with a credit card then it does not appear under the Bills section of the Outflow column. I like paying my bills with the reward credit card that I have, instead of using my checking account. It does not matter what categories I use, it seems to be based on the account I use. Any suggestions.
Tagged:

Comments

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    I suspect you're looking at a cash flow based on the Account Balances view.  I suggest you use the Spending view to follow the profit/loss: left-click on the gear icon at the upper-left of the In/Out/What's Left item on the Home view and select Spending
  • Robbieblindt
    Robbieblindt Member ✭✭
    Yes, I am looking at a cash flow based instead of "Spending". I changed to the Spending view and the problem is not any better. All my bills does not appear in the upcoming bills under total expense. All of my expected income does not appear either.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Yes, I am looking at a cash flow based instead of "Spending". I changed to the Spending view and the problem is not any better. All my bills does not appear in the upcoming bills under total expense. All of my expected income does not appear either.
    Are the missing items for business (assigned a Schedule C tax line)?  The In/Out/What's Left item on the Home view only includes personal income and spending.
  • Robbieblindt
    Robbieblindt Member ✭✭
    So I pay my mediacom cable bill with my credit card. I checked and the tax line is blank for the category Bill & Utilities: Internet. But still my mediacom bill does not appear in the bill section.
  • Robbieblindt
    Robbieblindt Member ✭✭
    Items (and I categorized) that I purchased with my credit card does not appear under the Outflow column as "other expenses" and a pie chart.
  • Robbieblindt
    Robbieblindt Member ✭✭
    But if I make a payment to my credit card, that payment appears under bills.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    So I pay my mediacom cable bill with my credit card. I checked and the tax line is blank for the category Bill & Utilities: Internet. But still my mediacom bill does not appear in the bill section.
    Are you only having issues with upcoming income and bills?  
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    But if I make a payment to my credit card, that payment appears under bills.
    A payment to a credit card should be entered as a transfer and, if so, should not appear in the Spending view of the In/Out/What's Left item.

If the credit card payment is from a personal spending account, the payment should appear under Outflow on the Accounts Balances view of the In/Out/What's Left item.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Items (and I categorized) that I purchased with my credit card does not appear under the Outflow column as "other expenses" and a pie chart.
    Items you purchase with a credit card are not considered outflow from a personal spending account in the Accounts Balances view of the In/Out/What's Left item.

Again, I suggest you use the Spending view to follow income and expense: left-click on the gear icon at the upper-left of the In/Out/What's Left item on the Home view and select Spending
  • Robbieblindt
    Robbieblindt Member ✭✭
    So if a credit card is not a personal spending account what is it then? What kind of account is a credit card when I look at the "spend" tab and look at the pie chart. What type of personal spending accounts does the spend tab use and why does my credit card purchases appear their?
  • Robbieblindt
    Robbieblindt Member ✭✭
    Also when I change the view to spending, the "upcoming" under Total Expense does not show the bills that I pay with the credit card. And I lose transfers, Loan pay. I give up more than I get by changing the view.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    So if a credit card is not a personal spending account what is it then? What kind of account is a credit card when I look at the "spend" tab and look at the pie chart. What type of personal spending accounts does the spend tab use and why does my credit card purchases appear their?
    From a cash flow perspective, a credit card is a personal credit account.

From a spending perspective, any account may be spending account.
    Also when I change the view to spending, the "upcoming" under Total Expense does not show the bills that I pay with the credit card. And I lose transfers, Loan pay. I give up more than I get by changing the view.
    Under Total Expense, the Recorded Expense should include all the entered transactions for the month and Upcoming Bills should include all of the expense reminders still due for the month. Note: The In/Out/What's left item doesn't include split reminders in it's projections.  Also, transfers are not treated as an expense or as income.
This discussion has been closed.