Interesting problem with stocks Intel (INTC) and Intelsat SA (I)

Options
I have an interesting situation with the above-mentioned stocks. I own shares of Intelsat which is correctly reflected in quicken and my financial institution. However, when I download (direct connect) my transactions, holdings etc, I get a warning message that there is a mismatch and Quicken reports that my financial institution has shares of INTEL (INTC) not Intelsal SA(I ).
I assume that it is caused by the fact that both stocks start INTEL and both symbols start with "I". I just ignore the warning, but it is annoying. Any suggestions short of selling the stock.

Best Answer

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    As of the close of the market, today, I'm showing INTC with a quote of $47.41 and I with $20.68.
    Do you appear to be getting the correct quotes/values for your holding?
    And the CUSIP field isn't available for the user to change ... it's usually established when you create the security in Q.
    That it's blank may be indicative of something, but I'm not sure what ... perhaps the Security setup itself is damaged ... so after you delete the transactions, you might delete Intelsat also and re-create it.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm not entirely following your issue.  Which of these stocks do you actually own?  And how many shares of that/those holding(s)?

• Lindaannp
    Lindaannp Member ✭✭
    Options
    As I said, I own the Intelsat (6 shares). I suspect that at one end or the other there is a compare truncated so Intelsat and Intel appear as the same stock.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Double check the stock symbol that you used for IntelSat ... and also the CUSIP number that is shown, in Q, for IntelSat.
    It's THOSE fields (not the security name) that Q uses to match securities.

• Lindaannp
    Lindaannp Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks, the symbol is correct, but the CUSIP is blank and the box that says matched with online security is not checked. I don't see an easy way to get the CUSIP into Q. The edit security does not seem to allow an edit of the field or check the box that says matched with on online security. Any suggestions. The activity is minimal so I could delete the transactions, the stock andre-create it. But I don't want to do that unless it will actually fix it.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'd take a backup, just in case, and then delete and re-create the transactions.
    If you don't like the results, you've got the backup to Restore.

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    As of the close of the market, today, I'm showing INTC with a quote of $47.41 and I with $20.68.
    Do you appear to be getting the correct quotes/values for your holding?
    And the CUSIP field isn't available for the user to change ... it's usually established when you create the security in Q.
    That it's blank may be indicative of something, but I'm not sure what ... perhaps the Security setup itself is damaged ... so after you delete the transactions, you might delete Intelsat also and re-create it.

• Lindaannp
    Lindaannp Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks I appreciate your help. The price quote is $20.68 - so it is downloading the correct stock price. I will try to delete everything (after backup) and recreate. If that doesn't work, Ill just ignore it.
This discussion has been closed.