Security listed twice.

The same security is listed twice in an account. The amounts shown for each of the listings add up to the correct amount held in the account. How do I combine the two listings into a single listing? Quicken 2019 - Premier.

Best Answers

• Hank103
    Hank103 Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Problem solved. I deleted the transactions in the register that had caused the incorrect entries, and re-entered them. Quicken then identified them as the same security already in the account and added them to that security.
    Apparently the bad transactions had been downloaded originally with a key identifier that Quicken didn't recognize, so a new security was created, but with the same name as an existing security.
  • Hank103
    Hank103 Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    There were two entries in the securities list. By deleting and reentering the transactions, there is now one entry in the securities list, with the correct amounts. I think the ticker symbol may have been incorrect in the original transaction, but that's a guess.

Answers

• jr7107
    jr7107 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    Was it originally created with a different ticker/position and are there two entries in the Security list?
    Quicken user since 1994.
    Quicken Forum/Community Contributor since 2005.
  • Hank103
    Hank103 Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Problem solved. I deleted the transactions in the register that had caused the incorrect entries, and re-entered them. Quicken then identified them as the same security already in the account and added them to that security.
    Apparently the bad transactions had been downloaded originally with a key identifier that Quicken didn't recognize, so a new security was created, but with the same name as an existing security.
  • Hank103
    Hank103 Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    There were two entries in the securities list. By deleting and reentering the transactions, there is now one entry in the securities list, with the correct amounts. I think the ticker symbol may have been incorrect in the original transaction, but that's a guess.
  • Hank103
    Hank103 Member ✭✭
    Thanks for your quick response.
This discussion has been closed.