Is anyone having issues accessing Chase accounts on Mac? (edited to include platform)

Options
2»

Answers

• glsenior
    glsenior Member
    Options
    I am having the same issue with Chase since updating to 5.12.3 today.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    It has nothing to do with the Quicken Mac 5.12.3 update. As was referenced above, Chase has temporarily blocked Quicken users connecting via Quicken Connect. Read the announcement here, and follow that thread to get an update when the problem is resolved. If you're able to switch to Direct Connect with Chase, you'll be able to connect.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Chris18
    Chris18 Member ✭✭
    Options
    The issue still exists. I hope it gets resolved soon.
  • jacobs
    Options
    @Chris If you follow the alert thread about this issue -- by clicking the star at the top of that thread to "bookmark" it, you will get an email when Quicken posts any update or resolution. In this case, it depends on what Chase is doing, and when they allow downloads to resume -- and then, whether Quicken needs to make any changes to conform to Chase's changes.
  • System
    System Member admin
    Options
    This discussion was created from comments split from: Chase Transaction Downloads Failing - Are Others Seeing This?.
  • tkbaltimore
    tkbaltimore Member ✭✭
    Options
    It's now September 4th. Are we still trying to blame this on Chase? I'm using Quicken for Mac and I'm still consistently getting errors for my Chase accounts that say invalid credentials when my credentials work just fine for the Chase web site itself. I'm finding the Aug. 30th notification from Quicken insufficient at this point. Could someone from Quicken update us on this situation? Is this being investigated?
  • System
    System Member admin
    Options
    This discussion was created from comments split from: Getting Error with Chase - Windows (edited to include platform).
  • jacobs
    Options
    @tkbaltimore I can't comment for Quicken about the status of this issue, and hopefully one of the moderators will post here if there is more information, but I wanted to comment on something in your post...

Just because you can log into the Chase website with the same credentials you use in Quicken actually doesn't mean this is a Quicken problem. What's important to understand is that financial institutions often use different interfaces and different servers for providing downloads than they do for user-facing websites. And financial institutions sometimes limit, or sometime completely block, their services for downloading transactions. When that happens, there is nothing Quicken can do, other than reaching out to try to find out what's going on. (In this era of data breaches and heightened security concerns, it's my impression that these things happen much more frequently than they used to.) 

In other cases, financial institutions make changes to their interfaces or services, and it's up to Quicken -- actually Intuit, who handles financial institution connectivity under contract to Quicken -- to figure out what has changed, make changes, test and deploy the changes. This can take as little as a day, or as long as a few weeks, depending on what's involved in the changes, the cooperation (or lack thereof) of the financial institution, the volume of other financial institution changes already in the queue to fix, and perhaps, the size/user base of the financial institution.
This discussion has been closed.