When will the CC-503 connectivity issue with HSBC Bank USA be fixed?

Herrick Inman
Herrick Inman Member ✭✭✭
When attempting a One-Step-Update for my accounts at HSBC Bank USA, Quicken has started returning CC-503: "Your login information in Quicken is incorrect."

I was not having any problem doing One-Step-Update for HSBC Bank USA yesterday.
I have not changed my login information in Quicken.
I am able to login to my accounts at HSBC.
My HSBC password stored in Quicken has only 13 characters, which is within Quicken's 16-character limit.

Best Answer

• Herrick Inman
    Herrick Inman Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    If you're getting error code CC-503 when trying to do a One-Step-Update from your accounts at HSBC Bank USA, and you have verified that you can log into the bank's website using the same the login info you told Quicken to use, then you might need to update the bank's "Financial Institution Branding and Profile" stored in Quicken.

Here are the steps to do this:

1) As a precaution, backup your Quicken date file.
    2) Go to the "Tools" menu and select "Online Center".
    3) From the "Online Center" form, press ctrl-Shift "Contact Info" to bring up the "Refresh Online Transaction Information" form.
    4) From that form, select from the "Accounts" list one of your HSBC Bank USA accounts that you want to update.
    5) Check "Financial Institution Branding and Profile"
    6) Press "Refresh."
    7) Then try One-Step-Update to update your HSBC Bank USA accounts.

These steps worked for me.

Answers

• rdromance
    rdromance Member ✭✭
    Same problem. Unfortunately it's something that HSBC did. Personal Capital is having the same problem.
  • BeSkeptical
    BeSkeptical Member ✭✭
    Same here. :(
  • Herrick Inman
    Herrick Inman Member ✭✭✭
    Today I Deactivated all my HSBC accounts in Quicken, then did the Setup on just one HSBC account. Setup found all my HSBC accounts on the HSBC server, linked them to the corresponding Quicken accounts, and updated them in Quicken successfully.
  • rdromance
    rdromance Member ✭✭
    I tried deactivating my accounts and it would not re-add the accounts
  • Dazza
    Dazza Member ✭✭✭
    Same here.
  • Dazza
    Dazza Member ✭✭✭
    > @Herrick Inman said:
    > Today I Deactivated all my HSBC accounts in Quicken, then did the Setup on just one HSBC account. Setup found all my HSBC accounts on the HSBC server, linked them to the corresponding Quicken accounts, and updated them in Quicken successfully.

This did not work for me.
  • Seth
    Seth Member ✭✭✭
    no longer pulling down transactions using Express Web Connect (no authentication issue, just no transactions being downloaded)
  • rdromance
    rdromance Member ✭✭
    Again tried deactivating account and re-doing the setup. quicken keep failing during setup and nothing worked.
  • Dazza
    Dazza Member ✭✭✭
    I’m having the same problem. When will this be fixed?
  • George@
    George@ Member ✭✭
    Having the same issue
  • Herrick Inman
    Herrick Inman Member ✭✭✭
    The error CC-503 started up again today.
  • Herrick Inman
    Herrick Inman Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    If you're getting error code CC-503 when trying to do a One-Step-Update from your accounts at HSBC Bank USA, and you have verified that you can log into the bank's website using the same the login info you told Quicken to use, then you might need to update the bank's "Financial Institution Branding and Profile" stored in Quicken.

Here are the steps to do this:

1) As a precaution, backup your Quicken date file.
    2) Go to the "Tools" menu and select "Online Center".
    3) From the "Online Center" form, press ctrl-Shift "Contact Info" to bring up the "Refresh Online Transaction Information" form.
    4) From that form, select from the "Accounts" list one of your HSBC Bank USA accounts that you want to update.
    5) Check "Financial Institution Branding and Profile"
    6) Press "Refresh."
    7) Then try One-Step-Update to update your HSBC Bank USA accounts.

These steps worked for me.
  • George@
    George@ Member ✭✭
    FYI - i tried re-establishing the link today and all is working again
This discussion has been closed.