Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Will Billminder work in Windows 10?

I recently moved from Windows 7 to Windows 10. I've used Quicken for 17 years, mostly because it had the BillMinder sub-program. Since going to Windows 10, I get the BillMinder Window, with no entries in Scheduled Bills and Deposits portion of the Window. I do see notes in the Calendar Notes and Messages portion of the window, which correctly indicates that certain accounts will have payments due soon.

I've tried the old trick of renaming QW.RMD, killing BillMinder, starting Quicken, etc. That didn't help solve this problem.

Any ideas how to fix this problem?

If BillMinder won't work, under Window 10, I guess its time to move on to another program.

Answers

• GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe BillMinder support was discontinued several releases ago.
    Yep, found it.

user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 10 Pro version 20H2
  • Yep, know that Quicken dropped BillMinder a long time ago. But, like many people I'm using an older version of Quicken (Quicken 2010 Deluxe). I don't need all the bells and whistles of later versions. After Quicken stopped including BillMinder, I really had no desire to upgrade.

On my last two computer upgrades, I installed the 2010 version along with its BillMinder, and everything has worked fine. With the latest change to Windows 10, BillMinder no longer works.

Has anyone been able to get BillMinder to work in Windows 10?

After reading the article you referenced, it now make me wonder if Quicken actually went in and added a patch to an update that removed support from my 2010 version of Quicken. Someone please tell me they didn't do that!

Thanks for your assistance, Steve
This discussion has been closed.